Jump to content

Flashback

Moderators
  • Posts

    617
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Flashback

  1. Hmm all very interesting so as there's only a certain speedd you can really get to on the roads then really a much wider wheel set will be better for me to have fun in the corners. í ½í±
  2. I agree that would be very helpful.....
  3. You're right, maybe it's only 100ths you lose, but it's VERY noticeable in terms of feel. Everything feels heavier and clunkier, and at low speeds like you find on the roads is where you notice it the most. Heavier wheels just make the car feel lumpier and more weighty, which isn't a trait I'd want. Even the difference between Rays and OEM 18s was huge, when swapping between the two. Must stop agreeing with Ekona .......... I ran my 350 on 4 different sets of wheels and my 200Sx on more like 10 and hes right, it is noticeable, particularly on the front end, more than 100ths of a second anyway. If youre only focused on performance then the smallest, lightest wheels is the only way forward,. Hmm now I'm a bit confused... So it will be slower around corners, but you'll have more grip, but it will feel less responsive but handle well still?
  4. Yep they are the ones.
  5. Thanks guys very helpful and if I don't like I'm sure that I could sell them on.
  6. Haha probably wouldn't feel much different with 439 horses under you GM!
  7. Hey guys, Just as it says what happens to your handling as you go through sizes and widths of wheels? Currently running stock 18 inch GT wheels but looking at some nice JR21s from Tarmac. They are very different at 19 x 9.5 / 11, so will look great but not sure what will happen to the handling. Any pointers /past experience welcome our also any handy links to read up on the subject would be great. It's a daily driver so want to be sure it looks good but doesn't become less fun to drive.
  8. thats really nice, when my car grows up I'd like it to be nice like that....just maybe more powerful - your build thread's fault gm!
  9. May well be dropping you that pm Tarmac as need a few bits and pieces.
  10. Thanks for the input guys. I'm thinking if I should go Berk out Milltek for the HFC. Berk is obviously the usual choice but just wondering on these other Millteks. Has anyone got them on the forum? Just curious to see.
  11. Hey guys had anyone gone for a full Milltek system with Milltek Sports HFCs and then full cat back? Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on them as a full setup. As might change what I have possibly. Looking for something with HFC but clearing emissions and not too loud so maybe the resonated HFCs.
  12. Again much cleaning up to be done but the journey has started!
  13. Absolutely Mr Veilside. It could look something like this when I've finished!
  14. Oh and yes I know my car is needing a very good clean... The shininess of this is kicking me into action!
  15. I must say I'm loving it now I've got this fitted. Thanks again to Mr Moped for such a class service!
  16. Well mine looks a little better under the hood now I've got one of your nickel catches and a polished plenum on there, but this is just simply amazing Mark. So much time and effort must have gone into it to get to where you are now, truly fantastic work mate!
  17. I knew I bought that torque wrench for a higher purpose in life than fixing the shower pump. Thank you Saint. Z-bling! Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  18. Well I thought as much BulletMagnet, but you don't ask you don't get as they say... so worth a try.
  19. Hey Wasso are you doing any more of these?
  20. I think I'm on for one of these to please Mark. Looks awesome.
  21. They do look nice jujun, I wish Rays would hurry up with answering my questions! Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  22. Flashback

    HFC questions

    Yeah Jez at HDev said they are fine as long as you get them hot before you test. Just wondered about the other Torqen have on the website add there is quite an array.
  23. Hey Mark would love one of these too please. They look great.
  24. Flashback

    HFC questions

    Plenty in stock if you want new, Motordyne Once you fitted everything, including the HFC, go to Jez@Horsham to have your UpRev done and disable the O2 sensors so you don't get any engine management light on but also improve the power a little bit. Which of the HFCs will pass the MOT exhaust tests? Is it all or a smaller list from those that you have on the website Adrian? Thinking for my 04 DE, but need to make sure it passes its next MOT.
  25. Thanks RT and so that was 30mm with 18s - 9.5/10.5? Think I'm gonna need to do some photoshopping on my car and have a good think on it, but they do look nice against the slightly lighter blue in the picture.. I just couldn't visualise it first off. Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...