Jump to content

Dynamic Turtle

Members
  • Posts

    1,261
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dynamic Turtle

  1. Will do. We'll be the the Alps region between the 12th and 17th of June after taking in the test day at Le Mans. I also have a black Zed but will be with a group of 5 others including a GTR, a 911 Turbo, a RS4, a supercharged Elise and a Monaro. With respect to comments made by others about the legality of use in Europe as long as it broadcasts on a pmr446 frequency like the Cobra MT975s, they are legal in Europe. Groovy - well we'll be winding our way through the swiss alps on the 17th, with a 911 GT3 and Exige in tow. Noted re PMR446 - ordered a binatone 4-pack for £80.
  2. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/62506-gtr-reality-check/page__hl__%2Breality+%2Bcheck
  3. Interesting outlet store! Bet they're pretty decent quality given that the taxpayer writes a blank cheque to motorola for them.
  4. bit over the top, choptop.
  5. Thanks for the amazon links - I'll get a set of those binatones - appears to be lots of good user reviews too. That Convoy movie looks fantastic, never heard of it. Purest genius!
  6. Maybe, though we might bump into around the san bernardino pass! Look out for a black 350 with a very tired driver (Nurburgring > Andermatt in one day, sigh).
  7. Abbey have just charged me £390 to replace one radiator fan inc parts & labour while doing the uprev/milltek/berk package. Not a cheap job so well worth doing the procedure above to save some serious wonga. I'd be tempted to have a go myself, but I'd probably just ruin it. 55k miles / 8 years is a decent innings for this kind of component I suppose. Might as well clean up the old one as per the guide and keep it as a spare for when the other motor goes. EDIT: they replaced BOTH fans for £390.
  8. Doing a euro-cruise next month with a couple of other cars and just wondered if anyone had experience with two-way radios. Are they worthwhile or too much hassle re batteries, charging, reception quality etc? Craplins do a 4-pack for £100 but I'm suspicious of anything they sell because it usually last 3 days before dying. Any guidance much appreciated...
  9. Lovely Z, reminder for me to steam clean the engine bay!
  10. Interesting to hear they made such an improvement...
  11. Wouldn't that be done as part of the Uprev anyway? Apparently yes.
  12. That is a good point, but then abbey will charge fitment costs for the milltek (effectively you get the uprev at subsidised cost) and it does seem like a worthwhile upgrade for the money, even if it's performance related.
  13. Hi Guys, I'm seriously considering taking Abbey up on their Uprev/MIlltek package and wanted to know how worthwile it would be adding HFCs, plenum and air filter upgrades in to the mix. HFCs are pretty expensive, along with plenum upgrades. I'm most interested in getting the nicest sound rather than increasing performance and everyone seems to rave about the HFCs. Are they worth £400 + extra hassle at MOT time? Do plenums & special air filters deliver aural benefits or are they primarily performance upgrades? Also, I called Admiral with respect to uprev/milltek changes and want to charge me an extra £31 for them, fair enough. But they said that HFCs were "category 9 declined" for some reason and wouldn't quote me! What's the deal here? Cheers, DT
  14. cheers gsexr, but that might be a little far. RT I went to JS today and the guy recommended that I get a new bumper rather than try to fix the old one. A bit surprised really because it's only very minor cosmetic damage. Let's see what they can do...
  15. I believe this is what basketball commentators would refer to as a "long shot", but I'd still be grateful if anyone could quote me for a new (or immaculate used) rear bumper anyway. Cheers, DT
  16. Hi guys, I need a shallow depression on the rear bumper sorted out and would be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of a decent bodyshop in the SE London area (Lewisham / Greenwich) or sllightly further afield (bexleyheath / sidcup etc). Cheers, DT
  17. I've decided that the forecast looks a bit grim so I'm not going to bother this year. If anyone in the SE london area wants my ticket, you're welcome to collect it (live in lewisham/deptford area). PM for more details. Cheers, DT
  18. There will always be a shinier car than yours so you're probably fighting a losing battle. Much cooler to turn up with it covered in mud, scratches and bullet holes.
  19. I saw it parked outside Sketch on saturday night. Truly vile in the flesh.
  20. well if the speakers present a higher overall impedence, have larger driver surface area, and the amps are more efficient, the whole system could draw less current than the OEM one. Could. It depends of a range of factors. As for PMPO I'd imagine most boy racer state this over RMS to boost the perceived power ratings on their amps. again, it might only be able to output that much power for a few seconds. 120db is plenty loud enough - pneumatic drill levels mate! You must be deaf!
  21. Are those Alpine amps class D rather than Class B? Do the replacement drivers have a higher impedance rating that the OEM drivers? Is that 1000 Watts for a 5 milisecond PMPO, or output it can sustain for hours? Also, the bigger the drivers the less power you need to create an equivalent SPL (which is totally unintuitive but completely true) so you might actually need LESS power to hit that magic 120dB DT
  22. I'd say by about 0.3v, but's its an analgoue dial and hard to tell. AFAIK it's the same alternator it's had for the last 55k miles...
×
×
  • Create New...