-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Just brain dumping but... ...CV joint for clicky axle will always be in demand I would have thought. Clutches. Interior mods. Tyres I would probably steer clear of as the competition is a bit fierce out there already. Same for wheels I reckon...bodykits, there seem to be a good business in copys out there so you might be finding this area a bit tough, especially if your market are the genuine body kit options which probably have lower actual buyers. What I just don't see out there at the moment is a UK based site which makes the purchase of parts etc easy and that those parts are clearly priced up on the site INCLUDING delivery and tax where applicable. ebay is a bit of a pain as you need to actually trawl through it and there are always doubts over the quality of the product and there tends to be a bit of fluffyness around price, it always feels like I am taking a bit of a gamble. What about ICE packages? Or is that going somewhat outside your remit? So a full pack which has a choice of stereo and you then supply with it the correct facia, adaptors, looms etc. Takes the pain out of ordering various bits off different websites and hoping it all tallys up. Most people need all the extra stuff like looms etc yet you hardly see head units sold with it all ready to go. I think as well you need to consider what people use websites for when purchasing, if someone is buying a £1500 exhaust off you they probably want to be reassured by you that everything is ok and a correct fit etc so will seek out a decent 'contact us' section or use this forum - whereas if someone is buying a plenum spacer for £175 then they are more likely to just click 'add to basket' and just buy it without that need for interaction and reassurance. I think that is where your website will stand out, mid ranged priced stuff, transparent pricing (so no hidden import taxes which you might or might not incur) and a decent range of options (most websites I see that are UK usually have only two or three brands of exhaust for instance). As someone said above, there is a gap in the market for stuff priced up at a slightly lower end, I would have said that price range being £50 to around £300, you would certainly soak up modding 'grazers' who don't mid putting a hundred quid a month towards this and that on their Zed and want to do it in 5 minutes just like they would on amazon. Oh and thorough product descriptions, a few websites I have seen have very basic descriptions of the products, some are terrible in that they copy and paste the description from one product to the next and just change the brand name. A few body kit websites I have seen do this. Annoys me. If I am going to spend a few hundred quid with them the least they can do is put a bit of effort into telling me what I am getting. I think I am rambling now...sorry, I work as a consultant for businesses launching new products so I get carried away sometimes... So thinking a little more, your website, like any new product, needs to pursue an insight, an insight is: A consumer truth A consumer need A consumer friction I think in the case of mods/parts for a 350z, if I google 350z parts I don't get very much in the way of websites and what I do click on does not look very professionally done (truth). I have emailed a few sites and never got a response, I lack trust in the website to deliver and if they do I am worried if its not what I want I wont be able to get my money back I want a bonafide and well stocked website with proper up front pricing in pounds (need). Just because most parts for 350z are US based I just cant bring myself to go through the hassle of contacting US based sites to get the bits I want (friction). I can't get a Greddy SE in the UK, so where do I go? Just some thoughts...
-
When there are so many low mile RX8s on the market doesn't sound surprising. There are buyers out there, just that with a fair amount to choose from unless you got the right car for sale then you are up against it. From a Z perspective, it seems a non Silver low miler should shift at the market price pretty quickly especially if sold privately. I wanted a low mile black GT, the amount of times I saw them go up on AT or PH and were sold within a day was unreal...
-
I find the psychology of it all quite interesting. Lots of people slate Macs because they hate the brand, people that slate PCs generally do because they hate the system, generally speaking. Hating Macs seems to be a mixture of experience and perception but mostly perception, how many Mac haters can say they spent a good few months trying one out? The psychology of it is in effect in the same way there is an irrational hatred of Starbucks (well rational if you justify it by talking about quality of coffee, commercialism etc but then again that's what the free world preaches doesn't it? Who is sitting there right now wearing something from Gap, Next or Nike who have the same core values as Starbucks?). I use both, I find Macs easier quicker and overall better to use, and yes that includes comparing side by side against an equally specced PC. In the same time I have had my MacPro my parents have gone through two expensive PCs. But hey, that's my experience and my opinion... ...and hence why I suspect this thread will just go on and on with many opinions
-
I have a Mac and use a PC at work and have to say the operating systems on the Mac are light years ahead of PCs from a general use point of view...the amount of times I spend recovering work on PCs or sitting watching it catch up on itself are ridiculous.
-
I pulled together a spreadsheet summarizing Zeds for sale on AT a while back, at under £10k nearly a third are Silver, if you have a Silver one then you are likely to struggle to sell due to the competition. People actually put colour up there as one of their priorities when buying a car and will overlook some aspects of a car just to get the right colour. Also if you are in a non GT car you are really up against it, I have seen non-GT Zeds for sale for months on end at reasonable prices, literally because for an extra £500-£1000 you get a lot extra for your money on a GT. People are paying a bit more for their leather and cruise control but also that they are also thinking ahead to when they sell it I suspect and ensuring they have the better version. Can the market be dead when we see new members in the intro section every day? I would say the market is not dead for Zeds, you just need to have the right car at the right price being seen in the right place and there will be someone who buys it.
-
Good to hear...I am thinking of plenum/exhaust/remap/berks combination at some point in the future now I have the wheels sorted and getting the rear bumper done soon hopefully.
-
Just got a quote to respray my rear bumper from RTP, a good price, but just wanted to check if anyone had a black 04 UK rear bumper going spare I could just swap over before I opt for the respray....
-
Looks like the Mini-centre across the road will do it. Popped in last night and the mechanic was very pleasant - told me to drop a call to the boss who wasn't around at the time but it should be fine.
-
good work Could find myself lightening the wallet down in Surrey in the near future...
-
Bargain at 550 mate, especially with pilot sports all round with a bit of tread to get you on the road...result.
-
Cant think why someone e-mailed me this.
coldel replied to martinmac's topic in Off Topic Discussion
http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=47892 Was only a couple of weeks ago as well...! -
Yeah I drive by RT every morning on the way to work...first time I have spotted a Z though around there in 2 months!
-
Reckon so, might pop in there later see whos about...
-
Aye thats the problem, can only get two wheels in the car at once. So if taking to a garage its a few trips...and yep you are right I don't have a torque wrench. There is a mini-garage (one that works on minis, not a very small garage!) literally across the road from me who I presume would have all the tools - maybe i just walk all the wheels over there and get it done?
-
...should I get a local garage to put them on for me or am I being lazy? Is it worth the elbow grease to do it myself using the jack that comes with the car? I would have to do it in the road as well as I dont have a driveway.
-
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2881079.htm How about this for your engine bay!
-
...black one went past me on the road leading up to Kew Bridge
-
I was thinking more along the lines that you can buy 19s for the same price, surely 18s of the exact same make and model should be somewhat cheaper than 19s? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rota-GTR-19x10-5x114-et20-alloy-wheels-EVO-10-X-/150601683833?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item23108f5379
-
You see, another reason that black Zeds are best, the engine bay comes colour coded as standard
-
BEWARE!! NISSAN 350Z SILVER GT CAT D EVO no swap
coldel replied to GoralGT's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
Not a very good advert for his business then, 4 Valet in Glasgow, if he is bodging up cat b cars and miss-selling them on ebay. GoralGT would it be more worthwhile reporting it to ebay as misrepresentation of the product? -
There is an M-Sport BMW Roadster all stickered up near me in Putney looks fantastic. Number 24 on the side with the two blokes names on the rear window with their nations flags - big stripe up the middle as well. Looks fantastic.
-
First Time Poster With Questions
coldel replied to DaddyCee's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Also check if the car is an import as this will affect both the purchase price (imports are cheaper) and most likely your insurance premium (imports are more expensive). Imports generally have square rear number plates rather than the rectangular ones. -
They look the right size, although you can buy 19s for about the same price?
-
No idea mate, a good starting point if you wanted some 19s on a budget though. Might need some spacers?
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nissan-skyline-350z-19-inch-alloy-wheels-and-tyres-/170650066701?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item27bb895f0d