Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Whats bizarre is that with the TC off and giving it a bit of welly out the car park, the wheels don't spin, in fact they are thousands of revs away from spinning, so what was the TC doing coming in and cutting out my engine when it was switched on?
  2. I tried unsuccessfully to boot it out the work carpark onto an A road and when going up into second car just doesnt go, looked down and noticed the TC lights flashing, switched it off next time and bam no problem. I now drive about with ESP off most of the time unless the road is wet.
  3. ...probably not my cup of tea but still an interesting find http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350z-LIGHT-MASKS-EYEBROWS-EYELIDS-LIGHT-BROWS-/350285521031?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item518ea4e087
  4. Must have sold them privately and taken them off ebay, i got a notice of a cancelled bid as well...?
  5. Was thinking Teins for a ride drop? Lots of speedbumps where I live...? Couple more photos...after a clean up tyre dressing and just a hand cleaned shampoo effort on the wheels... I am WELL happy with these...
  6. I didnt want to go fully black on the wheels, so was quite pleased to see these come up on here with silver rims... ...and yep, sinking the cash, although these will be the biggest outlay for a while. Getting the rear bumper resprayed next month, hopefully a new front bumper too...then thats the bodywork done and onto engine ... ooooooh yeah.
  7. Wont be hiding my Z at the back of the car park at the next meet up guys
  8. Got the dressing in the boot, it will all happen when I next wash it, full shampoo, wax, sealant, wheel clean, tyre dressing, the works basically.
  9. got to say, i dithered when PMing Paul about these, was second on the list because of said dithering and was fortunate that first on the list dropped out, I should never dither in future!
  10. Cheers guys, when they had 19s on the front and the standard 18s on the back during swap over you could see the difference in quality, the standard ones looked pretty awful. I have put them in the back garden, two stacked on top of each other with a cushion on top to make two rather unique looking stools!
  11. Great vid Jez, think the Atom must have been twitching in the wet as they are usually super quick around the tracks. Nice driving though, the Zed seemed really smooth through the acceleration, must get that plenum/uprev done once I recover from my recent bout of money spending!
  12. It was a bit of a mission, with the bad weather making the initial change-over a bit of a soaking experience, then realising that the central parts of the two part alloy had been put on the wrong rims, so had to drive over to Croydon to get them disassembled and put back on the car - thanks Paul for sorting everything out! Finally they are on and looking great, well in my opinion they look great...anyway a quick couple of shots I managed to get inbetween the thunder storms...car is filthy and will get a good clean soon followed by my usual artistic photo efforts!
  13. Cheers guys, had it in my head it was £220 a year...but yeah very glad im not a post 06er!
  14. Just got my renewal - says £143 for 6 months £260 for 12 months...thought it was a bit lower than that for pre 2006 cars?
  15. He put £5k-£10k in the original post...
  16. Hmmm, should be plenty of options out there....Focus ST? Golf GTi? Both very rapid but with usable back seats.
  17. Like I said, personally at 70mph I would feel better in a car that isnt Cat D, and thats a personal choice and happy to pay the extra couple of grand for, especially if I am not the only person in the car. Like you say 'if its done properly' so, if, it's not done properly then there could be a problem. Its personal choice, which is probably part of the answer to the original post, personally for me I saved up and bought one that had a clean bill of health with no previous, I could have short cutted to a Cat D but because of aforementioned reasons about peace of mind and also with half an eye on selling in a few years and being able to move it along more smoothly than a Cat D. The pertinent point you made above which in effect contradicts itself in that 'the myth of shocking CAT D's are a bit of a thing of the past, everyone is still hung up on what their parents grew up with and there folks warning against dodgy cut and shut jobs etc' it was not so much a myth but quite true a few years ago but as a myth it cannot be a thing of the past if as you say people are still hung up on it. I am not saying Cat D's are not good cars, what I think is that generally people are still avoiding them, so come sale time you are at an advantage in moving your car along quickly if it is not Cat D.
  18. Its not so much the depreciation you have to worry about, its the potential buyers, there will be ten buyers looking for a straight car to every one who will be ok with buying a damaged one. As I said, over three months I saw cat c and d cars sitting there at low prices not sold, at the same time watching straight (and especially GT versions) ones flying off the shelves, I missed two cars before getting mine as they sold the same day they were advertised.
  19. Although a different brand, I had a VW Scirocco for 6 months with the 1.4 turbo/super charged engine - presume the skoda VRs is the same one? If so its a stunning engine and has great revs through the range (supercharging in low, turbo kicks in around 3000). Probably one of the best engines out there at the moment given its size, emmissions and power.
  20. Im in between on this, personally at 70mph on a motorway I would rather be in a car that hasnt had cat c or d damage and repair (especially repair by an unknown person to me). I spent a good two or three months prior to buying my Z searching through PH and AT and saw a number of Zs which were cat c or d and they never sold anywhere near the asking price, I watched as the start price went down and down as no one went near them - quite a few like this where the owner 'didnt remember' to put on the ad it was damaged repaired originally. If you do have one eye on selling on in say 18 months or so, I would say that a cat c or d with 80k+ miles on it will be nigh on impossible to shift unless you let it go for peanuts and a hefty loss on ebay.
  21. Irnoiaclly gvien all the tlak abuot seplilng, its relaly olny the frsit and lsat lteter in ecah wrod taht nedes to be crroect, the rset can be in any oderr and you can stlil read it
  22. They look miles better on the car than off it...looking forwards to the pics!
  23. 350z supercharged all the way...I think the 350s look better than the 370s in any case
  24. Be good to see some pics with them on...
×
×
  • Create New...