-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
haha no denying they go down all to easily and roll around - it is pretty shocking viewing when you see that happening.
-
It will lead to a rule change I think though.
-
I know, was just making a point of how daft that process is. What it doesn't then explain is how comes every respected medical practitioner outside of football says that putting him back on the field is wrong? Also AVBs story didn't stay consistent, after the game he said that the player said he was ok and he made the call. Then a day later he said that the medical team advised him it was ok. As I say I think Wenger made a good call days before, then AVB made a bad one. The fact that he can't seem to understand why people are up in arms about it seems bizarre. As for commenting that its simply attention seeking, the fact that the PFA complained is hardly attention seeking.
-
As above, a doctor on the scene at a football match has to allow the player the chance to pass the test which is to ask them five questions. If they do, then 'the rules say' he can play on. It was based on this that AVB made the call. However any respected expert outside of football says this is nonsense. Its equally daft that the rules say now that Lloris is not allowed to play for 5 days, but he was allowed 'by the rules' to go back on the pitch and finish. My point is anyone with any common sense would have taken the guy off especially with a perfectly capable replacement there ready and waiting. It was ironic that Wenger had the same situation with Flamini just days before and made a different choice...
-
The difference is that in Rugby and Boxing you can defend yourself in some shape or form, with football your head is woefully exposed as you are 90% of the time not allowed to use your arms or hands in any shape or form or raise them. If you threw a ball up in the air between two boxers and told them to head it...not denying in any shape or form that footballers do not go to ground so easily (and they only do this to gain an advantage in the game not because they are physically weak) and roll around, but the nature of the game is so much different. Boxers train to be hit by people with padded gloves, when you get struck off balance by someone in the head with something like a knee at full force, its a different kettle of fish - funny that you raise Rugby as an example as its the Rugby unions that are mostly up in arms about the AVB decision.
-
I can appreciate that there was no law in the rule book that said take him off. Also the doctors on site went along with the rules laid out to them as a guideline. The Spurs doctor followed a rather flimsy guideline that is only applicable to football, I'm sure if that same doctor saw someone get knocked unconscious out on the street they wouldn't ask them 'what street are you on' and if they could answer then send them on their way, I would bet my last pound he would be sending the person to hospital. AVB, like Wenger, should have made a better call and replaced him and sent him to the hospital in my opinion. I think being knocked unconscious vs a scratch on the knee are two very different (and obvious) things for all the talk of 'manning up'. Ashley Young is now the English Jurgen Klinnsmann
-
Its ok, I got what you meant about them overpricing WITH a discount and then far too easily coming down in price, I was just taking the opportunity to have a rant about 'price matching'
-
Price match always makes me laugh - I mean I am calling you because you are not my first choice (as I already have a quote from the companies I preferred and use) and I am looking for a better quote not a matched one. Not sure why they think matching prices with your preferred supplier would make you switch.
-
Yes the rule is 5 days between head injury and playing again - but there is no rule to stop them putting the person back out on the pitch during the match which is absurd. And to be honest thats where the manager should take some responsibility for the safety of his players - even when you complete the level 1 coaching badge, the absolute bottom one, head injuries are mentioned and the care to be taken around them.
-
Ultimately yes, he is the boss, and as there is no rule that says the doctor can order the player off if he passes these quite frankly bizarre tests that exist in the bubble that is professional football. Even the PFA are calling for laws that mean automatic substitution if knocked unconscious. If someone in the office fell over and was knocked unconscious would you as their manager dust them off, ask them if they are ok and sit them back down to work or would you send them home via the doctors?
-
By all accounts there is no rule that says he couldn't go back on...which is absurd. He has to pass a rigorous medical assessment before being allowed back on which consists of the doctor asking him five questions such as 'what venue are we at' - it really beggars belief. In any case, any sensible person who actually had concern for their staff would not have allowed him back on.
-
I have been reading with interest the saga around Hugo Lloris going back onto the field of play in the Spurs game at the weekend after being knocked unconscious. In the news AVB has just piped up that he is astonished that so many people have taken a negative view on it. Personally, I thought it was a really bad decision (and I like AVB as a manager), views? SMD!?
-
Nope, a Mk2, I doubt I could even get in a Mk1... guess I must be one of the leggy, skiny supermodel types you talk about... shame I'm a bloke and meant to have a bigger build!
-
A decent VXR, when they do rarely appear for sale go for about £15k-£20k, I do get the feeling though that some of them are very much tucked away and will reappear in an auction house in 10 years time.
-
It was a VXR that got written off as well, down to about 30 left according to the lads on the forum!
-
There was a little bottle of nanolex trim cleaner in the last but one waxybox, i gave that a go and it transformed the interior - took everything back to a new looking black and added a sealant on top which gave it a better feel. Rate it 10/10 very good.
-
Was that the Mk1 Elise? If so from what I have read there is less room in those. Also you have to bear in mind the proportions, I am a touch under 6ft but had a long body and pretty short legs which works fine in the VX...its those leggy tall supermodels that I just have to keep turning away that can be annoying sometimes
-
Actually, its not the height that is usually the problem, its the width plenty of owners over six foot tall.
-
Most are not screw ons and come with a number of rubber fitments that go inside the gear knob to secure it followed with the grub screws.
-
I went for a chunky momo combo - I wasnt a fan of the straight gear knobs, made hard work of shifting those clunky Zed boxes!
-
Welcome khong, hope you brought your flame-proof suit! Don't worry about the jibes - you will have ample time to jibe-back , chuck up some proper details along with photos as the guys said and you never know someone might recognise it.
-
You were in traffic heading towards the bridge, passed you in the opposite direction in the VX
-
Spolier is over the top but otherwise lovely looking car