Jump to content

rabbitstew

Moderators
  • Posts

    4,960
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rabbitstew

  1. And that will more than likely increase his premium rather than reduce it. Whenever ive checked TP or TPF&T compared to fully comp, then very often its actually more expensive. In all fairness on paper the lad appears to be a bad risk. He`s only been driving for 11 months and already had an accident. Business use would jack the premium up... nearly doubled it in my missus`s case. Only way to reduce it slightly would be to say he parks the car on the street, has no immobiliser fitted, and his elderly grand parents are named drivers.
  2. Thats mad, they probably spent more on the interior than the donor car cost them. Id be so embaressed to even be seen in it. Its like those mr2 Ferrari replicas, imagine a bunch of people drooling over it, then you climb in, start it up and it sounds more like your nans sewing machine..... they would laugh their socks off.
  3. Looks fine to me. As others have said, if it had been in an accident then there normally would have been more tell tale signs - like replaced panels under the front slam panel, maybe creases in panels which shoudlnt be there. Over spray... little bits like that. Also as for HPi clear... well, that definitely isnt a guarantee its not been in an accident. Ive bought 2 vehicles I knew were smashed up as i bought them in that condition as insurance write offs. Then I repaired them, HPi checked and both came up clean. Very often HPi seems lax on updating their database. If your having an AA inspection like you mentioned then they are very good and normally will pick up on any accident evidence.
  4. I really think you`ll struggle to base your decision upon this poll. Everyone has such different tastes. Some like black or silver, but others find they are far to common. Some like the mad temper orange or yellow as they are loud and stand out. Others like the burnt orange as its such a 350z colour. Others you`ll find like the chilli red as they seem a bit rarer. Its really really down to personal taste, and what is available when you are looking. Personally I wanted a temper orange, azure blue or black when I was looking, but with a choice of only 2 313 roadsters for sale within 100 miles of my house, I had to pick between twilight grey (not on your list) or midnight blue. The night blue looked the same colour as an old mans skoda (in my opinion), so I went for the twilight grey one.
  5. All sounds good. Ive not been out clubbing for many years, so it should be interesting. Luckily the group of lads are all sensible and so we havent had any problems previously when we`ve been out. I did hear about Canal Street. I`ll have to dig out my rainbow crop top for that I think.
  6. Im off to Manchester this coming weekend for a couple of days for a stag weekend. Theres about 10-12 lads and I need to come up with a few ideas for things to do on the Saturday. I know a few members live up that way so was after some suggestions otherwise everyone will just end up in the pub drinking all day. Ive heard the science museum is free and worth a look around. I also saw theres a greyhound track which might be worth a look later on in the night. Any recommendations as to where to go? Or places to avoid? Whats the pubs & clubs like with a large bunch of lads coming in? Any problems? Cheers.
  7. May 2007 they came out, so there were a few 07 platers like mine.
  8. Nar , im sure if you google you`ll see a picture of it. The actual whole middle part of the seat on the roadsters is made of like a fishnet sort of material - non leather. You cant really see it in the pic of mine below, but the black area is the fishnet stuff..
  9. Yep, thats correct!
  10. I got the impression the Juke GTR was going to just be a 2 seater? Are they adding a rear seat in the production one?
  11. I showed that to my missus the other day and suggested I could fit a similar looking bodykit to her Juke. She wasnt impressed.
  12. Possibly, although you dont have to use the orange gear knob / handbrake if someone swaps you theirs. The orange gear knob on mine looked like it was off a 120k mile car, even though mine had only done 20k miles when I bought it. It was seriously worn out. Common problem with the alezan ones. A replacement costs several hundred quid, so a cheaper option is to just get an aftermarket alloy or carbon one. Same with the handbrake really. I wanted to keep my car original, so forked out the cash for a genuine alezan gear knob.
  13. The guide I read said open unlatch the roof, then put a sheet or something under the roof covering the body work. Personally I didnt bother. I just sprayed it straight on and used a newspaper held in the other hand against the bodywork top prevent any getting on the bodywork. If any went on the glass I wiped off immediately and then later polished up all the glass anyway. I also didnt worry about how thick i sprayed the stuff on. It all looked a bit strange when it first goes on the roof, but dried perfectly and left no streaks or spray marks.
  14. Its worth noting that the cars like mine which had the alezan orange seats (which was an extra £600 option on top of the normal leather seats you got with the GT pack) also have orange gear stick and handbrake. So, anyone downgrading to the normal black leather seats may want to swap those 2 items also in order to keep their car looking right! In addition, the roadsters had a special mesh middle part to the seats to "improve ventilation", whereas the coupe ones were a solid material. Worth bearing in mind in case you get someone with a roadster wanting to swap.
  15. Before you rush out and buy, seriously consider the costs involved in running one. At £5500 you`ll be looking at the very bottom of the market. Maybe one of the first 2003 cars, maybe even an import, or a high mileage UK car. Because these are now more affordable to buy, doesnt mean cheap running. Insurance, tax, 25mpg on the fuel, tyres, services... all add up. Imports arent strictly to be avoided. Out of the zeds i see on the road, id say 50% of the ones i see are imported ones. But, be aware that the specs for imports were different to UK ones, so you can get some different trim options.
  16. Actually that is where you are wrong. The roadsters are actually more rigid than the coupe`s and all the reviews I read said they handle as good, if not better. A lot of the reason being is that on the roadster the hood is canvas, the compartment lid where the hood goes is plastic and the boot lid is also plastic. So, the weight added to strengthen the chasis is probably around the same amount as the weight they removed by cutting the roof off, so there isnt as much difference in weight as you`d expect. On the road, 0-60 is only a fraction slower than the coupe -we are talking like .2 seconds or something. Jamies car is probably one of, if not the best, 313 roadster ive seen for sale atm. I looked yesterday and theres only 1 for sale on autotrader within 100 miles of where live. Of course, if you want a coupe, you want a coupe. I think your looking in all the right places and its just a waiting game. Theres not many 313`s out there, compared to hundreds of the older 276bhp cars. Good luck with the hunting!!!
  17. excellent idea!!!!
  18. Remember last time there was a thread like this and the owner was actually a forum member!
  19. Why not buy from Halfrauds a maintenance charger? They are about £15 and work very well. I had my car in the garage for eight weeks when the roads had loads of salt down. Car fired up first time. If you have to park on the street then perhaps take the battery out. Caravan places sell the isolation switches. Mike Thats what i use now, although i got 2 from LIDL which were on offer a few months back. I run one on my project car and one on my motorbike. Keeps battery topped up perfectly.
  20. On my roadsters roof, it was looking a bit tired and dirty, and I used this product: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_255237 It has a cleaner in it which you brush on to clean it all up, then some sort of silicone spray stuff which bonds to the roof to make it water proof. It was easy to go on, and I was amazed with the end results. It looked like a brand new hood. Nice, clean & dark. I reckon id probably only need to do this twice a year max to keep it looking new. Im not sure if it will solve your problem with the tide marks, but it may well do.
  21. My god, so he reckons he`s spent £30k on it, and only done 2k miles in it, now selling it for 8995? Thats a serious amount of cash per mile!!!
×
×
  • Create New...