Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. You won't. You need to get the car down to your nearest Nissan Dealer and get them to look at it!
  2. The white looks fantastic. I think you have just the right amount of black to make it look really nice:)
  3. Don't forget you need a French approved MOT! Sorrey I forgot to add it has to be in English French and German. And at least one occupant of the car must speak the native tongue of all the Countries you plan on visiting fluently! Honest my mate told me!
  4. The one in the picture looks to me to be a 5 speed so maybe there is a bit more room! Need to be careful of the nylon collar as well. I am guessing for a 6 speed it would have to be domed if not raised. Thats Yanky one in the picture was about $150!
  5. I thought I had covered this subject B4 and had started a thread on it on here. In fact it is on the USA site. http://my350z.com/fo...gate-plate.html
  6. £20 lol stick another 0 on the end and you may be near the mark.
  7. I don't think its going to happen as just been reading up on another site and this is one of a few of the many negative comments. "The gated shifter is part of the charm of motoring in many European sports cars, most of them have dropped the gate in favor of a tighter shift patern, I believe you'll find the Z patern too tight for a gate, it would be simple to machine a gate if the pattern were large enough" Mind you where there is a will theres a way. Simple enough to take the panel of and with my lever extension measure the movement. And I am sure the guy that did manage to make one work for his Zed had to build up the base plate by about 1.5"
  8. A guy in Banstead has a Maserati with 4 CUR as the plate!
  9. I love this plate on this car. Wish I could have it!
  10. Behave!! Sorry matron Are you getting bored with all that travel Dave! It's cold and lonely in the NE I remember you saying you were going to plague us with some nightly wit !
  11. Silly Billy lol
  12. yep you need some red in that car.!
  13. I think its called a H gate and I have been searching for over a year, The USA 350 zed site had a picture of one that a guy made himself but it was very problematic and as such had to have a raised platform with elongated gear lever for it to work. You can buy the extention from ebay for about £22 and I have a Ferrari type round metal gear knob on mine. All thats missing is the H Gate:(
  14. Behave!! Sorry matron Are you getting bored with all that travel Dave!
  15. Behave!!
  16. Is that real suede? Not wishing to put the mockers on it but its been banned from vehicles for a while now due to not meeting EU fire regulations. Hence the birth of Alacantara. I wonder if that is restricted just to car manufacturers and does not count for aftermarket DIY? Best of luck anyway as I am considering using leather on mine!
  17. Pick wisely as cheaper is not always better:)
  18. I would suggest you Google it! I am sure if it were a common occurance we would have heard of it by now! Just stay calm, otherwise you will worry yourself sick and ruin your trip!
  19. Just pinched this off the Web. Before you drive in France, ensure that you have a High Visibilty Jacket for the driver and, ideally, for all occupants. The law came into effect on 1st July 2008 making a requirement for the driver of the car to wear a high-viz upper body garment (waistcoat, jacket, anorak) if the car is immobilised at the side of the road or on a hard shoulder and the driver has to get out of the car. The jackets have to be within reach and inside the car - not in the boot. The jacket should carry the correct CE mark to show that it meets the current legal requirements. A warning triangle is also obligatory under the same law - this may be kept in the boot though. The purpose of the triangle is that in the event of a breakdown you place it on the carriageway some distance before your vehicle to warn other drivers of the obstruction. When placing hte triangle be mindful of your own safety! High-viz jackets are not obligatory for passengers, but you are advised to carry in case they, too, have to get out of the car. When hiring a car, check that a triangle and sufficient jackets (gilets) are provided.
  20. Welcome to the club:)
  21. 4RE Leather

    ikea meet

    Thats exactly what happened at Bluewater in December. never again!
  22. The seller must be into there blue Zeds as another in the background. He claims it will fit an HR. Will it eck as like!
  23. Colin is of course quite right on this. However if it was 20 odd years ago before all the modern technology then there used to be a running in process, When we rebuilt the engine of my 1965 Daimler MK11 ten years ago, I had to keep the revs down to 3000 max and speed 50 or below, Then drop the oil, flush through and refill. You would gain absolutely nothing by having an oil change except thinning out your wallet by about £70. the Nissan dealership where you got it from would tell you the same thing. Just relax and enjoy the car:)
×
×
  • Create New...