Jump to content

4RE Leather

Members
  • Posts

    5,321
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 4RE Leather

  1. All this techno talk. I like the sound of those Russian missiles that they fired at the germans from the back of truck in WW11 Starling Organs was the nickname. Am I being silly again:)
  2. Just seen this thread and l have to say well done. Wher the contents of the can water based or cellulose ? p:)
  3. I will post the thread up as soon as they are ready looking forward to that. send me a file over pls so l can play it through the surround sound please lol
  4. Hve you got one as well then. So busy rabbiting I am not keeping an eye on my own post!
  5. The only one that floats my boat is on kev-t 370. It sounds awsome and i asked about it for my HR All the exhaust companies have there products on u-tube and what i have done is played U-tube through the surround sound and come up with a short list. Might l suggest you do a simular excersise and if you have Virgin TiVo it links up directly. No good trying to listen on a PC as you need the base on:) P:)
  6. Well 10 times more people like it than dont. And l have had 9 positive comment lol But all that really matters is if l like it. You wait until you have seen the spoiler. Octect has lol:) No doubt the pipe and slipper brigade will put there 9-5 comments on the post ha ha great little blocking tool they have on here. Thanks to Steve for supplying it and to Tiger seal for making it a sticky lol. To the gaffer for holding it in place And the panel wipe for getting it off my hands. Ok its a wrap lol p:)
  7. God knows what it will look like if l stay on these Steroids much longer. They are turning me into a boy racer! Very disapointed about the little black boxes so I need to reposition them as far back as possible and aim the lasser gun at them. It goes with the silver but l would agree the top is a bit to thick for me. l would like to have seen it feathered in a bit. Anyway its done and l shared the experience so hopefully people will have the confidance to be able to fit them themselves. After all I am quite noticably disabled. Ok we can move on from this one now I think as Taras has sent over the pictures of the Spoiler So no doubt that will invoke some more Piston head like banter:) P:)
  8. Yes I watered down the dye I had and the seats look ok I think ]The way to tell is if the dye stays on the seat and not on the seat of ya pants:)
  9. You need help Dave if you think thats a cup of tea!!! God knows what your idea of a cup of coffee is. PMSL. The car has a new name. MARMITE!!! P:) Peter you really are madder than a box of frogs I don't drink tea or coffee so ok it's not my bottle of pepsi max Chocolate frogs!!! I love em. bite the head off and suck their gizzards out! Did you do your leather as i cant remember? P:)
  10. You need help Dave if you think thats a cup of tea!!! God knows what your idea of a cup of coffee is. PMSL. The car has a new name. MARMITE!!! P:)
  11. Just thought I would stick a picture up of the 10 year old Lexus l tested the polisher on. Just a wash of the bonnet. No prep and 2 sweeps with different cutting compound and a quick polish. 30 mins max. The relevence to the thread is it is silver lol. Just imagine what a couple of days would look like:) P:)
  12. You can make your own minds up. I need to relocate the little black boxes but apart from that it worked. I was more interested in my ability to adapt from paying every one else to do things that in reality I should be able to do myself. Thenoname
  13. I presume you are talking about ferrari chat and piston heads. They have been known to have gun fights at dawn over some triffling affair. Let me know if you want help with the leather:) P:)
  14. PSML and well done. Are you seeking health treatment after all the infighting during this thread. Were not really like this you know. Opps i just got Pm's saying thet we were lol You enjoy yourself as what the heck do we know. P:)
  15. Indeed. I think Clown and Dip will be lurking somewhere in the background. P:
  16. I am opening this thread purely as I intend to do a blow by blow account of a full exterior detaing job on my Zed. The 1st car I have ever done from scratch and I intend to use the Meguiars's DA 220 Polisher and there products throughout. I am not saying this is the right way and unless you intend doing more than one car, or already have the equipment then use Envy valeting or other reputable person. If in the kent area I have no hessitation in using Chris from Brooklands kent who works mostly on Ferrari and Porsche. And l would not expect to pay less then £250 - £300 for a decent service, But this thread is open to anyone who wants to go it alone but wants to see me hash it up 1st car:). As this is a forum thread and will be done over a long week end. Feel free to join in and any pin point photo requests will be snapped for you. Hopefully Dip or Clown will photo the b4 and finished process as It might be a bit difficult taking a picture and holding a polisher at the same time. Hoping to start Friday starting with the initial wash. These are some shots of the car b4 any detailing was done and prior to the Abbey GTM supercharge fitting. Although the windows had just been tinted by Johnathan at Autoshades of Sutton. The numberplate GT58ZGT is still for sale on the forum board. Thenoname
  17. I did not want to drill out the holes as apart from needing stainless self tappers it would have beome a water trap. Then anyspace will fill with water and might drip down on my elecronics I have at the back of the car. well thats my story. trust me if i didn't like it then it would not be on the car:)
  18. I need to get the tape off and then I can start the full detailing. I am more worried about it falling off lol. At the moment we are all concentrating on the back end. As its an on going project anything can happen. I will say l saw this on a red Zed and it looked great. In an ideal world i would have a spare £7k for the new veilside wide body kit. I swear to God it was shaped on Marilyn Monroe's body:) P:)
  19. I think it has to grow on me. In an ideal world i would have liked the 370 back end compleate with the centre fog light. I can honestly seeing me having a complete carbon Bumper and Bonnet. I need to actually get out and about to see cars in the flesh. Whilst I am on Steroids I have that oportunity as i dont have to worry about pain:) Except on my wallet. So hard with a silver car as only 2 colours go with it. Black or red P:)
  20. James was yours the one with the Nismo spats fitted or was that Liam's? If you get a chance to get some fitted shots that would be great, a few people are interested in seeing it with the spats. Spats. Who's spatting? Got a picture of these spitting spats as i still have not finished toying lol. P:)
  21. James was yours the one with the Nismo spats fitted or was that Liam's? If you get a chance to get some fitted shots that would be great, a few people are interested in seeing it with the spats. I did get a set of the mud guards but decided to make them carbon fibre. I managed to get the layers on but had to put it to one side when my fingers started turning blue lol. I shall get them finished as they really will look good. At the end of the day we cant make a decision until the Spoiler is on. I will get some shots of the product thus far over to you asap:) P:)
  22. Excellent. I will ask Abbey to do it next week:) thenoname
  23. are you sure you were sending them to me...... There should be clearance at the top, the diffuser has been made to accommodate the majority of the exhausts available for the 350z. I guess if there was too much of a gap at the top it wouldn't look right, it would look like the diffuser was floating You can see a couple of pics of different exhaust with the diffuser here: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=58971 Thanks for the feedback and a nice guide to fitting I was sending the pictures as i took them via messaging to the number i rang you on. It may be the size of the shots as I was using a HD camera App. It will look great and didn't realise the Milteck was so fat. But one is higher than the other by 5mm so never get the cleaning rag in there. They are a nice piece of kit and it compliments the silver. Now wheres that spoiler lol:) P:)
  24. I tried to send you pictures on the Iphone through messaging but it don't like you! The Milteck pipe left absolutely no clearance at all and I might be concerned At the size of some of the larger tail pipe configurations Chris. Might need to get buyers to stipulate the exhaust system used or at the very least a diamater measurement. I am going to ask Abbey to see if they can ajust one of the tail pipe fittings as one is higher than the other. It might be the result of a very high road hump at Christmas pushinh one side up a tad. Thus far the Tiger seal is curing nucely:) Re the Detailing of a silver car we were on about. Just tested the gear on a Lexus Bonnet that was covered in 1500 grit and swirl marks. All marks have gone and it looks like a sheet of glass. 30 mins 1st time usage and no claybar. 10 years old car with 100,000 on the clock. Absolutely chuffed, as is the guy who's car it is, plus 2 customers who were watching:) We need to get in touch with Tarus re the spoiler fitment soon:) Thenoname
  25. As the Sun dared to show it's ugly head in North surrey today I decided to enlist the help of my mate and attempt to fit the Carbon Diffuser I got from Steve Redline. Mistake no 1. make sure you take the "Rear Radar boxes" off 1st lol. Tools and materials were as follows Black Tiger Seal. Sealant Gun Gaffer tape Panel wipe and cloths. car ramps or the like. As usual cleaning is most important, so a mild solvent panel wipe was used to clean the back bumper and the inside of the diffuser. Then whilst one of you offers up in place, the other marks the area and in this case i used blue masking tape. What we did find out was that although the upper and side was a perfect fit. the underneath was very noticably no where near and we had to heavily implode with the Tiger seal. I suspect this to be down to the thinness of the bumber and flexing, and not a defect in the diffuser as it was spot on with the spirit level. After marking out you apply the Tiger seal and like most I gave it some wellie:) The pictures are basically of us putting it on, and as i have not got a clue as to how long this takes to dry I am leaving it with tha gaffer tape in place until i next need the car at the weekend. I also have not used and screws or bolts and am reliant entirely on the Tiger Seal. As advised by them when i spoke to them as l was working blind. Just hope I dont hear a loud clump in a few weeks time. I will no doubt end up buying a complete rear carbon bumber as i do like it. I will add the finished product next weekend when i have taken the support tape off. If I have used the wrong product and anyone with serious doubts but has the experience in fitting these is more than welcome to advise please. Thanks thenoname
×
×
  • Create New...