Jump to content

Scootg

Members
  • Posts

    261
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scootg

  1. Hi Guys and Girls, I'm hoping you'll be able to help me here. I see another post about this a little further down, but it seems to have become off topic and heated, so I thought I best start afresh. My Zed, 61k on the clock, HR Engine, when warm and idling, is putting out 7psi of pressure according to the oil gauge in my cluster. When I'm doing normal speeds down the motorway, and when starting from cold it'll sit bang on 60psi, rarely going the slightest bit over. I've recently had a "Winter Check" from Nissan, where they mentioned it so I have given it to them to check. It's been with them all of today and they've not yet found the problem. They have said that coolant came out when they removed the oil pressure sensor to do a manual check. I imagine that's not a particularly good sign. Neither is the fact that the oil pressure is low even when the motor is revving below 3,000rpm..? I was thinking it might be a cooler problem or it might be a problem with the oil pump. They're talking to Nissan HQ tomorrow about it.. But the mechanic says (maybe to scare me) the last Z they had in with this they had to take the engine out to investigate. I'm getting worries about the dollar at the best of times.. I start thinking about doomsday scenarios and that I might wind up having to trade it against a Note or Pixo! Any words of advice, comfort or expertise? Greatly appreciated, Scott.
  2. Sent my payment through just now. Just a little entrance ticket for me.
  3. These arrived today, I can't wait to get them fitted.
  4. Probably one for another thread, or PMs, but can I ask why? I'm told I have an issue with my oil system "somewhere".. They want to take my engine out.. :/
  5. Group Buy? Just ordered four. That's Xmas done. Ha.
  6. Scootg

    Nismo Exhaust

    I was after a NISMO 'zorst, but I have no regrets about my Milltek
  7. TUUUUUUNNNNNEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL RRRRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNN. WootZ.
  8. Makes you wonder what really goes on a Stealerships. I've dropped mine off today at Cambridge Nissan. They keep trying to update my software and I keep telling them not to. I like what the RS Tuning laptop did, and I'll thank you to keep it that way. I'd be peeved if I found my car was being ragged around.
  9. I have an UpRev Licence and I've had the Z done at RS Tuning before. So I'd be up for this if it's still on.
  10. PM on the way!
  11. Cool - thanks for that. I'm hoping this group buy goes ahead!
  12. It's already mapped, I'm presuming it'll need doing again after the HFC install..?
  13. 1. KrisC2 : HR 2. Rickdon : HR 3. Scootg : HR 4. 5. It's all about the post-facelift so far! What sorta gains should we hope for?
  14. Hey, Should anything fall through, I'll be the back-up sale. PayPal is warm and ready for transfer.
  15. Wow, thanks all for the advice. I've been discussing with Halfords and they tell me they can't sell me an adapter that'll make my steering wheel controls work with any head unit because it's a BOSE system. But Car Audio Centre seem to have no such concerns. Strange. Pioneer look good, I think it'll be one of their systems. I just have to decide if I go for a head unit.. Or a carbon fibre interior! Maybe both and cancel Christmas..
  16. Hi guys, I'm getting a bit tired of the Tape Deck Connection I have into my BOSE Post-Facelift ICE System. So I'm looking for a new head unit, which I hope will be better. It seems that some tell me they will cause my steering wheel controls will stop working, and some say they can't provide a double din screen, and others say they can't provide a post-facelift facia. There always seems to be something. Does anyone have any recommendations on which to look into, or has anyone a double din that is working with steering wheel controls? I'd like to be able to stream via Bluetooth so I don't have all the wires hanging around but the whole thing seems like a minefield.. Help? Thanks, Scott.
  17. Dash Command is supposed to be one of the better ones out there. Also iOBD II has an Apple device, and and Android device, if anyone goes down that route, specify and clarify!
  18. With my existing centre panel in Carbon, these finish things off nicely.. For now..
  19. Yeah, like I say, I'd be all over this if it was for the HR.
  20. From a seller at Japfest. But I believe you can order online too.
  21. Awesome. You've got mail!
  22. So, if I may - spacers are generally able to help handling? I've just put my Z through a 4-Wheel alignment, would that need to happen again after spacer fitment?
  23. I use one on my 350Z, the App is free (for iOS users, I have no knowledge of Android, but if presume the same), and I use the hardware to match the App. iOBDII is all it is called. Works very well.
  24. Well I've watched F1 since the 90's, and I've never seen so bored by one driver just running off and hiding. The TV cameras don't care because they don't show him, the commentators don't talk about him and even refer to the race as "the non-Vettel race" ie: the race for 2nd. Then when the inevitable happens, it's a big smug grin and the finger comes out. Put him in a team that needs developing. Like Hamilton did. He's a racer deserving of respect. Left a cushy job to go to a team in need of work. He's got a win, he's getting them up the grid. Him and Nico Rosberg. Like Schumacher. A racer who had just won two titles and went to the alsorans - Ferrari, and he worked with them to make them something. I don't see that at Red Bull. I see Adrian Newey designing things that are questionably legal, and giving a good driver the ability to taxi drive home from lights to flag.
  25. His arrogance. The selfish nature of his driving. He isn't a team player. He just gets out front and sits there. He doesn't race, he's a good and smooth driver, but not a racer.
×
×
  • Create New...