Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Can't remember which I bought for topping up but it cost a chuffing fortune! I think it was the Castrol Edge stuff.........it has a Green label
  2. In Jan? How many miles have you covered since then? 10k interval isn't it?
  3. Happy days. I didn't realise Mitsubishi used the PD engine. It's a great unit especially in 150bhp guise - is that option in the Lancer? Have you thought about a proper re-map (AMD/REVO)? Big gains for little cash - you don't hear that said much on this forum Aye they've got a nasty 1.5 petrol, not quite so nasty 1.8 (but still pretty nasty) and the dub PD unit (noisey but its a gusty little beggar). To be honest the chip did give some extra poke but the Lancer can't put it down.........specially with it being a diesel - its just torque steers everywhere and all the power comes in a typically dieselesque blob - it may look a sports car but its a family saloon at heart. Shame they didn't stick 4wd on it to be honest. I did a full service on it the other day (aside from fuel filter which I'm gonna to tomorrow).......even thought its only 3 years old I just couldn't stomach giving any money to Mitsi to drop the oil and change an air filter. The service schedule is bull too.........they don't even change the air filter for the 2nd service........it was bloody filthy. I'm doing it by myself and keeping all the invoicing for the parts from now on.
  4. Cheers Leeroy......thats really helpful. It seems to be cured since I slung the aftermarket chip. Its still pulling fine, not kicking out any dirty crap, doing 50-60MPG so seems to be all good in the hood. I did discover that I didn't have to knock it into neutral to get it to respond to the accelerator though...........the revs just had to drop really low then it would catch again. As I said though my feeling is it was the chip. Changing the fuel filter tomorrow though just to be on the safe side (its was due a good service anyways).
  5. I guess the other thing is that it sounds like your at least vaguely passionate about this kind of market and the types of people you'd be selling too.............if its something you would enjoy then its got an added bonus. You could prob make as much money by buying £500 of crap from poundland and sticking it on ebay for £2 a throw.......but it wouldn't be anywhere near as engaging.
  6. Awesome! Lego is pretty expensive - I reckon it'd be one of those things thats quite expensive and therefore prices itself out of a 'boys toy' type thing. I can imagine them being forsale of Firebox or IWOOT for about £100 then all being flogged off in the sale. What kind of cash do you reckon you need to make it work?
  7. On a lighter note Hayden is about to his 1000 posts!!!!!!!!!
  8. Sorry what I meant was that I had a choice of solid or vented for this model of car (regardless of whether it has ABS or not)........seems odd that they would be different sizes. I'll whip em back. Cheers chaps.
  9. Rihanna?????? Isn't she married to a drug dealer!
  10. They're definitely thinner mate - just wasn't sure if this caused an issue or not. Might have a tootle to the shop at lunch just to be on the safe side.
  11. Was just going to say this, you usually lose 2 years per claim. I'd fix it myself still though. Well I never knew that...........don't suppose I ever build up enough no claims to find out when I've had crashes!
  12. Yes I mean vented not drilled or slotted. That was my concern but I'm sure I remember years ago swapping solid for vented on a car and they but it does make sense what your saying - you would expect the caliper to be too slack.
  13. Top work on the zorst bud. Never felt the need to underseal the arches to be honest so can't really help on that one.
  14. I did this......just dont leave it too long or it drys and just rearranges the dirt around a bit!
  15. Even if the bump costs a grand to sort (which I very much doubt it will if your just sorting the front bumper) your gonna be feeling the pain on losing the no claims every year for the next 9 years to get back to where you are now (obviously getting incrementally better with each year). £375 extra for year one alone on insurance AND £350 for excess - £725 just for this year alone...........bumper wouldn't cost that much shirley?
  16. As above or get a carbon fiber one for about £350 plus fitting.
  17. I think there is some sort of requirement where your just expected to know what the speed limit is too......you don't see 30 signs down every street but you can be reasonably sure when your one one. Bugger mate
  18. Om nom nom. You need some sort of apocalypse clock for the countdown!
  19. Cheers buddy!
  20. .........sorry - and add £350 for your excess!
  21. put some quotes into your insurers website and add a claim in with all your no claims gone and a claim on your record. Whatever the difference is between that and your existing premium X by 9 that gives you rough idea of the pain you will feel by claiming. Basically don't bother.......insurance is practically a waste of money unless you crash into someone yourself!
  22. Sorry not Zed related again but the tinterweb seems to not cover this direction of change? Bought some discs for the Fiesta which I didn't bother to check if they were solid or vented.......got the solid and turns out the existing ones are vented. Can I use solid discs where the existing are vented (they are the right discs for the model of car just solid instead of vented)? Just saves me trapsing back to the shop
  23. Quick update and a question. a) stripped everything down with the intention of working my way to the throttle body (using my experiance with the Zed as a basis). Assumed I'd work back from the airbox and come to it...........first thing I came too was the turbo? Does a TD even have a throttle body? removed the piggyback chip on Saturday and although not driven much I've not had an issue since. Also ordered up a fuel filter too.
  24. Paladium and Rhodium..............thats the stuff I was thinking about.
×
×
  • Create New...