Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Not a good price for the age mate - a good grand over the mark I reckon. We paid £8700 for basically the spec, history and mileage (27k on ours)...........12 months ago.
  2. Ricey

    *sigh*

    Its tipping down
  3. Sweet, thanks... why have I never found them on eBay? They're from US, maybe you have UK only ticked? That's what I was doing, cheers... ordered £101 delivered Good luck with your import taxes
  4. Ricey

    *sigh*

    Sounds like THEY don't know what they are talking abut. If they recon you fitted them wrong, why didn't they "fix" them for you while your wheels were off? Because if they ARE "wrong" then shouldn't it have failed the MOT due to it? He reckons they did refit them for me but there was no charge for it on the invoice. Basically he's talking a right crock of bollox by the sounds of it.
  5. Searchy is your friend viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32280
  6. Ricey

    *sigh*

    That vid is exactly how I fitted them..........hmmmm - not impressed.
  7. Take a read viewtopic.php?f=62&t=50158
  8. Ricey

    *sigh*

    Upside down? He said back to front but suppose he could have meant that. How the help do they go then?
  9. Here's mine from a little while back, as most of you know I have spoiler on now. However I wanted to upload this to show you the colour of rusty when the sun hits it.......us rusties are biased! (sorry about the quality of the pic)
  10. Dude you car is genuinely one of my favourites but that bumper really ain't my cup of tea.....it looks like a shelf hanging off the front.
  11. Ricey

    *sigh*

    while on the phone to me Bizarrely multitasking.......although I have come a cropper as the bloody hex socket that I specifically ordered as my set was missing the 7ml isn't long enough........back to ebay for another one Suppose I'm too trusting but I just can't believe he would try and swindle me when I chose to send my business to them when they're 30 minutes away....its obvious that I'm trying to put business their way. I might take a wheel off tomorrow and take a peek - maybe its a specific type of spacer that can go on back to front.
  12. Ricey

    SOLD

    Whats happening in a week?
  13. Ricey

    *sigh*

    After a conversation with Husky I'm tempted to agree - I'd be very disappointed if they have thought because I've known them since I was 17 and always taken my cars there. I'm not even sure its physically possible to fit spacers the wrong way round if I'm honest. In fury and to rebel against being told to 'seek professional advice' I've just stripped the brakes on the fiesta
  14. Ricey

    *sigh*

    Just got the car back from MOT and service - all good, couple of advisories on ARB's at the front and the pads are about ready for changing. MOT, P3 service, gear box oil, diff oil, brake fluid, sparks all done for £358 - with me providing engine oil (£51), K&N oil filter (£10) and plugs (£50).....so all in around £460. Here's the kicker...........'notes from service inspection'; - ARB droplink fitted incorrectly at rear. Levelling dodah fitted upside down. - Spacers fitted incorrectly all round (DANGEROUS - SEEK PROFESSIONAL ADVICE WHEN FITTING AFTERMARKET PARTS). ......sigh..........way to build up someones confidence! I still can't understand how I fitted the spacers incorrectly - he reckons they were the wrong way round but I can't fathom how you could even get that wrong - I thought the side with the countersunk bits were for the spacer nuts to sit in........apparently not
  15. The paint like many jap motors is pretty thin in general I think........hence the front bumper getting road rashed to hell.
  16. The Powerhouse in Sandycroft. Ford specialist but they know their onions. No telephone call so I'm assuming she passed the MOT
  17. appy Burrrfdy
  18. Sorry guys I think some of you are missing the point a bit.......I'm not expecting to become a mech overnight but by the same token i can't learn if I don't know what things do, what they look like and what happens when they break. I guess I'm looking for somewhere that basically says - for example 'this is a coil pack, this is where it goes, this is what it does and this is what happens when its busted' . I know I can individually search for this when the problem crops up but is like to be able to just have a read when im bored in work!
  19. its wheeler dealers that started this whole thing in the first place! Cheers for the vids guys.
  20. Ola. In my endeavors to avoid clubbing everyone to death due to the boredom of my office job I bagged up a knackeredish Y plate fiesta......non runner, bits and bobs of rust and scratches with the theory that some cathartic car fettling would diffuse any office related violence. Idea being I'll learn how to do things as I go along and if they go wrong then meh........so what. So its coming along nicely fully serviced it including my first fuel filter, changed the discs and pads, resprayed the drums and suspension struts, refurbed 2 alloys (first time) - so its really appealing to 2 things I really enjoy - messing around with cars and cleaning cars/making them look better..........however it has got me to thinking that whilst I can get by with engines I really don't know that much about them and in reality without working in a garage or learning from someone else I'm not likely to either. Any ideas where I can find a good website (preferably) thats almost 'speak and spell' standard to literally describe what bits do, where they are usually located and symptoms of them not working etc - realise that there is a lot of resource on the net but ideally looking for a RELIABLE place to go (noting that the net is around 99% bullshiiiiiiite!) Like I say I'm not a total 'tard but I would like to be able to look at an engine and; - Know what 95% of the bits are. - Know what 95% of the bits do. - Know what happens when each bit fails or breaks.
  21. Driving across Europe I couldn't believe how much attention it got - people in all manner of exotica were peering out of their windows trying to get a peek. Over here - I find myself making excuses to drive through council estates just so the local hoodrats will gawp over, give their mate a nudge and in a heartbreaking plastic scouse accent mutter 'heyyy maaaate have you see dat boss carrr over deeeeeer'. Loads of people couldn't understand why we were getting excited about buying a Nissan before we got it thought.
  22. Ricey

    350z Spoiler

    Its a Gia Cuzzo - piccies of one fitted in yankee land http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-in ... tails.html
  23. Its Yank for CAI.
×
×
  • Create New...