-
Posts
22,249 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by spursmaddave
-
Great to see im not alone. My work colleagues can't understand why I commute on the A20 & M25 everyday in my Zed, they ask why I don't but a run around or even use my Diesel Leon but it's a crap commute, why make it worse by driving a worse car? I know most people when buying a car look at how many or few miles it has done but personally when I was looking for a Zed I saw 2003 or 2004 cars that had done 20-25k and it put me off, they must have been sitting around for months on end doing nothing, and when they were driven they could have been thrashed about. I saved a few £1,000 and got a 54 plate that had done 70k and ive already put 10k on in 7 months and loved every single minute and mile of it (except when my clutch needed changing!) Every other week when I have the option of using the Leon I think that I will be sensible and drive it as it uses half as much diesel as the Zed uses petrol, and I am still thinking I will be sensible when I go through the Dartford tunnel with my window down at 4k in 3rd in the Zed
-
Haha not meant as a dig I have a CF interior so I can hardly talk not a fan of it on the outside of a car really but each to their own.... It was just the 'anything carbon' bit that got me
-
Oh dear, another Carbon whore
-
Welcome and enjoy
-
Not sure as I got my spacer put in at same time as exhaust fitted.... Probly a case of try and see, it could possibly have been the new exhaust note just clashing with the pop charger if you see what I mean... Not sure if the plenum alone would cause the pop charger to be noisier? I must be a bit of a woos as I put the bungs in the Buddy Club the morning after it was fitted
-
Bit off topic but my missus told me yesterday that on her commute she saw a cyclist shooting through a red light and there just happened to be a cop on a motorbike and he pulled him over, she said every motorist that went by was cheering and laughing
-
I agree, im also a member on SeatCupra.net for my other car, the site is good but not a patch on here... Yeah you could half the forum if you took out all the Bluetooth / Plenum / UK or Jap / Spacer / Stubby / HP threads but would it be as much fun? Nope Lets all have a big wednesday afternoon
-
The Penny Trick - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=37034&hilit=penny+trick As long as the rubber boot stops come off ok you can just take the spring out and put a couple of pennies underneath it, there are pics on the thread. Dont go too mad straight away, especially if you have a spoiler cos you can cause damage! For me 2x1p each side works a treat but I guess it depends how fooked your springs are. Boot pops up nice now, It really annoyed me until I saw the thread on here
-
It took me 5 minutes and 4p to sort my boot out
-
Good find Mike, absolute quality!
-
I think that's a fair point... I've spent a fortune just like others on here trying to gain those extra horses. My mod's have really helped with the sound and call it look of the engine bay etc, really pleased. I guess it makes it slightly different from the next 350z. For me the 350z is all about looks and sound full stop I want a head turner not a stomach turner
-
what was the sound difference with pop charger? Well before it sounded nice and throaty, but after it sounded really droney, not nice at all in fact quite annoying. I took it straight off the next morning, now all I can hear is the exhaust As a lot of people on here have said anyway the pop charger is just about noise, I noticed a fairly big flat spot in 1st when I had it on, now 1st gear has caught me out a couple of times
-
Cheers m8, now I can have 10 minutes extra sleep each morning!!!
-
I just had mine fitted at the same time as my new exhaust and yes it does seem to have made a difference. One thing I did notice was the sound from my pop charger I have now gone back to the standard air box and going to get a better filter for it. The noise from the exhaust is enough to wake the dead now anyway even with the bungs in I think you should forget chasing HP gains with a 350z, just get it looking and sounding how you want it and be happy
-
Not too wise to put your number on a forum m8, the bots will get you!!!!
-
+1 Ive had a few problems buying things over the internet and always just print off the payment details and any emails etc then go to the bank and they pay me then deal with the company direct, thats Lloyds TSB anyway im sure others are the same. Thats not via a credit card just direct from my account. Glad you got it all sorted, TBH one look at their website put me off, it looks like a GNVQ students course work!!!!
-
Good luck for the future As for Webuyanycar they are the same as these Payday loan companies, just exploiting people who are desperate and in need of money right away, its a disgrace but they don't need to buy many cars to keep going at the prices they give! Its just an option instead of p/x but I cant see that what you lose to them you would possibly make up if you buy your next car for cash
-
Advice required please. Collecting my Z this week.
spursmaddave replied to glrnet's topic in Interior
Have to agree, mine has seen better days and is a bit 'tired' but it still looks fantastic! If your into bling, Sarah (ChilliRed) has the whole RSW kit in Silver CF for £350... might need some though... -
Advice required please. Collecting my Z this week.
spursmaddave replied to glrnet's topic in Interior
Ah a gooner, tell you what you can have my tonneau, stubby and RSW kit (would need your interior as an exchange) for the bargain price of £3,000 You must have money to burn paying to watch that team of yours Welcome to the site!!!!! -
Advice required please. Collecting my Z this week.
spursmaddave replied to glrnet's topic in Interior
I've got all 3! Well not chrome stubby but black one. Genuine tonneau is about £100+ you can get made up ones but they are not great imo stubby I got s2000 one from trader on here, I got RSW carbon kit, about £600-700 new but I got from a member 2nd hand with my genuine tonneau. You can get cheaper carbon kits off eBay some look pretty good, and I think a trader on here does one for about £350 iirc. Do a search there are lots of pics -
RX8 Owner wanting 350z, Toyota Supra TT Or Silvia
spursmaddave replied to tazzy's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
JDM is slightly less powerful - Not true, restricted, has non Brembo brakes - Models S and ST do, Jap dials (KMs), slightly different interior - really?, harder to insure, very quiet exhaust but are much cheaper Ooops I didn't mean less powerful I meant restricted, been a long week.... didn't realise there were different JDM models either but there are quite a few small interior differences if you look really really hard -
RX8 Owner wanting 350z, Toyota Supra TT Or Silvia
spursmaddave replied to tazzy's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome to the site, lovely looking car. You won't endear yourself to the site by asking questions asked 1,000,000 times before. If you search you will find loads of threads on the differences between JDM and UK. But as you have gone to so much trouble posting pics of your lovely RX8 on a 350z site here are just a few JDM is slightly less powerful, restricted, has non Brembo brakes, Jap dials (KMs) slightly different interior, harder to insure, very quiet exhaust but are much cheaper Good luck with finding what you are looking for -
You could try eBay I was going to, but try Sarah ( chillired ) cheaper, great to do business with, speedy delivery and also keeps the business on the site so to speak.
-
Just had this exhaust fitted at Abbey. All I can say is wow what a quality bit of kit and it sounds superb! I was going to go with the masses and get a scorpion but I'm glad to be different and it wasn't all that much more expensive. I will get some pics up when I can.