Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. I'm a real man who can pretend I do real manly things but I can't count up to 40 32, 33, 34, 35, 26, 27.....
  2. spursmaddave

    Photoshop help #2

    +1. I have to agree +1 If I post up a picture of myself laying naked in bed can someone please photoshop Cheryl Cole on top of me as I have often wondered what it would look like....
  3. spursmaddave

    Photoshop help #2

    Close but no cigar
  4. I had an Insingnia soot chucker as a hire car on a trip to Cornwall and got nearly 70mpg so the Petrol v Diesel argument is slightly moot.... I think the new 'eco' petrol engines (1.6, 1.8, 2.0 etc) are more economical around town etc these days but when you get up to motorway speeds (70-80mph) they struggle. The Insignia I have now has 6 gears and tells to to change up as soon as you go near the pedal.... The engine sounds awful, no turbo but it feels like the accelerator and the engine are in different time zones.... All that and only a couple of mpg more than my Zed
  5. Its down to driving style, on the motorway i am not on and off the pedal constantly like some.... One pet hate is drivers that are constantly on the brakes as they are too close to the car in front And no I don't drive like a grandad, not too much passes me
  6. Nope pretty much 80mph all the way and no problem, if we hadn't stopped twice for the missus to have a fag it would have been a bit more
  7. Yes but like a grave digger once I have filled a hole I leave it alone just spat my tea out Did that bring back memories of wiping coffee off the laptop
  8. Just drove a hired Petrol Vauxhaul Insingnia from London to Newcastle in 4.5hrs so normal motorway speeds and it achieved.... 34.5mpg I have done the same journey in my Zed and got 33mpg A while back I had a Hyundai i30 petrol hire car and that did barely 35mpg as well.... Good job they have "change gear" lights to help achieve their fantastic performance figures...
  9. Mine have the exact same clips as the OEM ones and fit perfectly Few spiderwebs on them now but they are getting a bit long in the tooth to be fair....
  10. Ok who can be a real man and admit to something that makes them a metrosexual... I will start off... 1. I never pee standing up, apparently this is not normal manly behaviour
  11. Thanks :kiss:
  12. I miss my dog
  13. God that looks awful with the roof down
  14. Iv'e got some, not sure what make they are I got them 2nd hand..... fit perfectly just take off the oem plastic ones and they replace them
  15. Yeah but not for £500 Milltek & Berks FTW :no1:
  16. His eyes are bulging must of been a good paragraph They may have not been the only thing bulging
  17. I almost bought a JDM one of those Love the multispoke wheels on them...
  18. Actually I was thinking they might catch, don't want to turn up at the owl with ladders in them
  19. I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too Purple wheels FTW Purple Zed FTW
  20. A Zed is for looks, sounds and enjoyment in the twisties, not for racing off the lights. Have you actually looked at the speedo when you put your foot down in 3rd, you will be surprised that even though it feels sluggish it certainly isn't 3rd gear at 3.2k my Zed flies and she is an old girl
  21. Vik don't buy a Hyundai Coupe you will hate it They do look nice but they are awful to drive, absolutely no torque whatsoever and they feel like they are going to fall to bits any minute, never gave me any kind of confidence to drive at all Add to that the fact that the 2.0l SE I had was barely more economical than a Zed and that kind of seals it.... you could always get the V6 Hyundai Couple, absolutely no quicker than the 2l as it is heavier and even worse on fuel You would be better off buying a really cheap RX8 and driving the nuts off it until it was wankelled
×
×
  • Create New...