Jump to content

spursmaddave

Members
  • Posts

    22,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spursmaddave

  1. Well you could at least pass opinion of your tyre choice Never used MPSS so it would be daft to pass comment. Personally I hate REO40 and 50. My experience if both was crap. Falkens were adequate for my uses but VUS have been my preferred tyre one 3 separate cars. At the end of the day tyres are a preference. No sense forcing your opinions down another's throat. It started off with quite a few people who have actual experience of a certain tyre giving their opinion, not sure why the OP's driving style, location or use of his Zed really comes into it
  2. Indeed it is.....
  3. For the last time.... NOBODY SAID THE OP MUST HAVE MPPS Quite a few members said they prefer them, thats our opinion and we put it helpfully and politley If you don't agree, not a problem but no need to keep making yourself look a complete @@@@ in the process Sent from the golf club...
  4. If you're just driving normally with the odd country road blast, they will be fine with potenzas (RE050's, not RE040's which are ****). Just make sure you always keep your front and back tyres matched. So if you wanted to change tyre brand/model then you'd need to change the front too, which is probably going to be an added expense if they have plenty tread left. If you do want to change them, you can get any well reviewed premium tyre, specifically the MPSS are rated highly by 350zuk forum members. Avoid getting cheap ditch finders as you'll probably end up... in a ditch Well summed up, that was my take on the replies before things took a wild turn (must have been the cheap tyres) Sent from the golf club...
  5. this guy, reads me to having a better tyre allow him to drive better because he wont crash Not sure how you came to that conclusion, the point is a better tyre is a safety net to some degree. Who said anything about it makes me drive better? Stop reading things that aren't there, that would be a good start to this debate. Basically I was trying to say if I make a mistake on the road, having a decent tyre on could be the difference between an accident and not. I know there are a ton of variables and a tyre will not save you in most instances but if you can help reduce a risk... Why wouldn't you? I got what you meant fella and I think 99.9% of people did. By Stevo's logic is there no point upgrading brakes either as they won't stop you any quicker Sent from the golf club... on an everyday road car driven only on the run at legal speeds no there is no point in a cost to reward basis doesnt make sense, if for example you going to race around and sit up peoples arse and then rear end someone and argue if i had uprated brakes i would have stopped in time isnt an excuse a OEM set up is more than capable for normal driving at normal spends with normal distances between cars Just like a normal mid range performance tyre is just as capable for everyday activites as a mpss is Oh yeah sorry I forgot that all Zed owners are aggressive idiots who can't drive... Just going to cancel Wales don't want to be anywhere near those idiots with their expensive tyres and upgraded brake & caliper set ups.... Thanks for the heads up Sent from the golf club... now whos reading stuff that isnt there, so by contrast your saying every 350z owner who doesnt have mpss or upgraded brakes is and idiot who cant drive intresting That sir is called sarcasm, just showing we can all make wild generalisations without any substance Sent from the golf club...
  6. this guy, reads me to having a better tyre allow him to drive better because he wont crash Not sure how you came to that conclusion, the point is a better tyre is a safety net to some degree. Who said anything about it makes me drive better? Stop reading things that aren't there, that would be a good start to this debate. Basically I was trying to say if I make a mistake on the road, having a decent tyre on could be the difference between an accident and not. I know there are a ton of variables and a tyre will not save you in most instances but if you can help reduce a risk... Why wouldn't you? I got what you meant fella and I think 99.9% of people did. By Stevo's logic is there no point upgrading brakes either as they won't stop you any quicker Sent from the golf club... on an everyday road car driven only on the run at legal speeds no there is no point in a cost to reward basis doesnt make sense, if for example you going to race around and sit up peoples arse and then rear end someone and argue if i had uprated brakes i would have stopped in time isnt an excuse a OEM set up is more than capable for normal driving at normal spends with normal distances between cars Just like a normal mid range performance tyre is just as capable for everyday activites as a mpss is Oh yeah sorry I forgot that all Zed owners are aggressive idiots who can't drive... Just going to cancel Wales don't want to be anywhere near those idiots with their expensive tyres and upgraded brake & caliper set ups.... Thanks for the heads up Sent from the golf club...
  7. I still find that mildly offensive Sent from the golf club...
  8. this guy, reads me to having a better tyre allow him to drive better because he wont crash Not sure how you came to that conclusion, the point is a better tyre is a safety net to some degree. Who said anything about it makes me drive better? Stop reading things that aren't there, that would be a good start to this debate. Basically I was trying to say if I make a mistake on the road, having a decent tyre on could be the difference between an accident and not. I know there are a ton of variables and a tyre will not save you in most instances but if you can help reduce a risk... Why wouldn't you? I got what you meant fella and I think 99.9% of people did. By Stevo's logic is there no point upgrading brakes either as they won't stop you any quicker Sent from the golf club...
  9. I had exactly that experience once when I was out on my motorbike. Riding along minding my own business doing about 30mph around town. Old woman trying to pull out from a car park, starts to pull out, sees me approaching so she stops. We have eye contact and whilst shes looking me directly in the eye pulls straight out in front of me. I have nowhere to go so hit the rear drivers side of her car, do a superman impression over the back of her car. She stops and says to me "Sorry, I didnt see you!". To make matters worse, by the time the insurance companies got around to sorting the claim out (8 months later) she had then changed her tune to say that I was speeding and the witnesses couldnt remember what day of the week it was, let alone whose fault it was. In the end it was settled as a 50/50 liability so I lost a load of my NCB. Get a camera Sent from the golf club...
  10. Too right, Missus car looks like it has been across the Sahara Luckily mine is garaged Sent from the golf club...
  11. Naughty boy It has been quoted, they all need editing to stop me seeing naughty words woops sorry Hmmmmm I don't think you really are sorry
  12. Quite possibly, as you said the Lamborghini didn't even attempt to stop, I reckon at 30 or less it should have stopped in inches!
  13. Naughty boy It has been quoted, they all need editing to stop me seeing naughty words
  14. But to that degree having decent tyres actually saves you. I would hasten a guess that a pro driver could drive better on ditchfinders than I could on MPSS. If you have a cheaper tyre on, driving enthusiastically might cause you to easily lose control of the vehicle whereas a more expensive performance tyre will help to keep you in check. First lesson Of the Institute of advance motoring you drive to the condition of the road and car if your driving beyond the the car/tyre capability which i very much doubt 98% of people on this forum can if we use fk453 on a 350z ( having the car oversteer because your bad pedal movements or road positioning isnt exceeding the tyre limit) for an example doesnt mean the tyres @*!# means you cant use the tyre to the best of its ability, if your driving beyond your capability of controlling a car on any tyre thats your issue as a driver not the car not the tyre so what people are saving is you cant have a spirited drive on toyo,federal,maxxis,falken etc because you might crash Again reading things and seeing what you want to
  15. Who the **** said that putting better tyres on you car makes you a better driver I had my Zed for over 3 years and 40k miles, 2 sets of REO50 & 1 set of MPPS, so I can say with confidence that the MPPS > REO50 don't know about any other tyres though At the end of the day someone asks for an opinion and people give it, no need to go over the top either way
  16. I don't even drive a Zed so everyone can put what they like on I thought the best thing about this place when I had a Zed was the amount of people that would give their unbiased opinions Sent from the golf club...
  17. Agreed 30bhp in a heavy car like a Zed is bugger all, more impressive is the torque increase you get with an upRev Sent from the golf club... Yea ^^ the upRev gives a really smooth torque curve all the way through to the redline, which is also increased! ^_^ As a couple of good friends have found recently a single mass clutch and light flywheel is great too Sent from the golf club...
  18. Damn just realised I have MPPS on the way for my Jag, what a waste of money Sent from the golf club...
  19. Yeah why would your bother fitting decent tyres to a car like a Zed, your just don't need to in my opinion also Sent from the golf club...
  20. Agreed 30bhp in a heavy car like a Zed is bugger all, more impressive is the torque increase you get with an upRev Sent from the golf club...
  21. To be fair REO40 - awful REO50/A - very good, although skittish when cold/wet Sent from the golf club...
  22. Exactly Sent from the golf club...
  23. Has anyone seen the new Scooby Sent from the golf club...
  24. Not yet, it is tricky on my Jag as if you wire it to the wrong place the battery will just give up.... have now got the info just need to sort it out but the car is in a garage at home so its mainly for recording on the move Sent from the golf club...
  25. I remember that programme, going up And down the streets and the police not bothering with them, residents complaining about the noise late at night etc.... Sent from the golf club...
×
×
  • Create New...