Jump to content

Neilp

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,236
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neilp

  1. Neilp

    Nissan Idol entry

    Hi guys, Just a quick one to ask for your help in the round 1 of the nissan idol competition. I entered my car for the first time this year. Any help would be appreciated http://www.totalcarmagazines.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/wp-photocontest/view.php?post_id=999 Best Regards and Thanks Neil
  2. Neilp

    LakeZ 2012

    Way to show them Nothing like missing out on a good time with your mates to make a point! Nowt to do with that Dave, it more about not causing trouble and Not making a scene.
  3. Neilp

    LakeZ 2012

    You're right about "staff" - we don't get bloody paid and are left battered and bruised by the general membership at every opportunity! In fact I think we should be called Forum 'Mugs' instead...... Anyway Neilly, no need not to attend a meet over any issue on the forum. It'll only be you that misses out mate. Besides, you have to be a front runner for trophies this year! I appreciate the kind words stew
  4. Neilp

    LakeZ 2012

    Due to recent action taken on me by forum "staff" I will now not be attending this meet.
  5. Cheers for that mate. I'm dropping all the glass out the car except the windscreen to remove more weight. The cage is remarkably light so i'm hoping to break the 100kg mark. I have also changed all the suspension etc to kw v3's and stuff so hopefully that will save some weight also. All the hoses etc have been changed to braided away back at the start also. I've probably changed most of the stuff you listed also I'll let you know how she weighs in once complete
  6. you'll be suprised. I had one and had a few people wanting it. They're very pricey and pretty scarce
  7. Anders just you wheesht Cheers wasso, the car will be used only for track and an occasional run on the roads once I get we back. Alot of the comforts of the car are remove now and I imagine it will be noisey as hell. What did you remove out of interest to lose your 60 odd kg?
  8. Yep Craig, carbon boots getting painted the same as the car is now. Cars coming home on a trailer lol, I will bring it down lol. I have planned work up until April for it. So probs April time. Just when money provides as I have many many more plans lol
  9. Lol cheers Bennett. As you can see my cars not very sleeper-ish, so no point in hiding the bottle lol. I honestly cannot wait to get her back. The seats are very light in comparison to oem leather. The car will be weighed when she's finished to see how the weight distribution is and losses have been so I will report back on the total loss of weight. What I was surprised with is people were saying oem are very heavy, they are a bit but nowhere near as much as I thought they'd be, probs around 20kg-25kg each at most. Ian, I hear you mate ! It was something I raised the issue with about the heat at the start but was informed otherwise by the guys so I'm putting my trust in them, If it doesn't work then it's no biggie to relocate.
  10. Looking good mate!! Can't wait to see her engine in and almost back running with big power
  11. Defo mate ! Will be down with her throughout the summer. Got a ticket for a trackday at stone from the bro for crimbo. Just need to book it
  12. Yep mate, Dan said the hit will be much more efficient at that point and hit will be much more direct. It was a concern with them in there but he has them running in time attack and drag cars and never had any issues with much more heat running. I trust his vision especially as he's be with prodrive and cosworth for years lol.
  13. Cheers stew, still another few months work to be done before she's home lol. I'm keeping stuff a secret until its done though
  14. So had a quick visit to AME today and the car is looking immense. Pics are only on the phone so not so clear. Picked up the cage from the powder coaters yesterday Then went on route to AME. The nos is fully installed now and ready to have the ems fitted and tuned. I have put up duplicate pics (almost) as I dont know which ones will turn out better once photobucket resizes. The seats still look green on pics (due to flash) but look very silver in reality. The seat mounts have been adjusted various times to get the seats lower and inline with the steering wheel etc. (and now need to come back out to fit the cage) Thats all for now, More updates soon
  15. Yeah thats what i run on mines
  16. Remember and stagger the tyres front /rear
  17. Honestly, 7k looks like nothing in cash lol, I do engineering for banks and regularly see 100's of k's and you could easily fit that in a small briefcase You'd be suprised how small a 100k looks in 100's or 50's
  18. That's good to know that they're instant now
  19. bankers drafts take time to clear though, that causes issues.
  20. Very nice pics
  21. Swikes - there's a bomb waiting to happen! In the interests of international and world peace I'll just say honestly I don't think Neily is really the trolling type.....totally honest I think he just didn't realise who's wanted thread he was responding too. I replied to his post but noticed it disappeared so I edited mine as it didn't make sense any more - I think he just hadn't realised that you were looking to boost a basic stock car up to big power.......his statement is the usual forum response to anyone looking to spend peanuts on a Zed and has little in the way of budget for running costs - just friendly advice to stop someone crippling themselves (and we've seen enough Zeds being bought and slung 3-6 months laters because of costs). Knowing Neil I think it was a genunine mistake..................either that or he was really trying to twist your nuts up It was a genuine mistake as if I realised it was the same guy I wouldn't have said anything as his arrogance towards everyone is a joke. Cheers for clarifying ricey This chump has made his personality very clear on here. Cheers again Paul, spot on
  22. +1 on bad attitude, arrogance and knowing better than everyone, you've made quite an appearance here and people have now made up there minds on you. I'm out also
  23. Lol I wouldnt have thought that Alex would have got it wrong
  24. Buy Nicole an engagement ring Computer says no(yet)
×
×
  • Create New...