Probably will end up going that route anyway, although presumably that crack has to get a lot worse
before it is genuinely un-safe? i was wondering if it's worth a second opinion?
I'get some pics in the morning and post them up
As soon as 1 spoke has a crack the pressure is exerted unevenly on the wheel and the rest will go quickly.
Why would you even consider driving a car with a cracked spoke you're talking like you want to ignore it which I think you should rethink seriously. A cracked wheel is a cracked wheel. This is what connects the car to the road, if that goes it can be alot worse than that picture shows. The wheel can bounce about and destroy the wing, body etc... it could come of completely and injure somebody else and damage somebody elses car etc. Inevitably all of these will all cause you to crash/damage your car.
I wouldnt even be thinking about it.. The car wouldnt be driven until a new wheel is fitted.