The Atlantis - Dubai - Anyone been??

Sarnie

Guys,

I'm looking into taking the Mrs and kids to the Atlantis in Dubai in January, has anyone on here been?

Are there any things we need to look out for?

Anything to avoid doing?

Is it worth going half board, room only or fully inclusive?

As we are going to be there for only 5 days I don't want to waste time or money on stuff if there are better options?

We probable won't venture out of the hotel to be honest but any general Dubai info or tips would also be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Liam

Went to the waterpark there last month and the hotel looks unbelieveable.

I wouldn't bother with all inclusive as there are great places to eat. Go on TimeOut Dubai website, should give you an idea of where to go for food and other activities. The marina is nice, Media City for Hard Rock Cafe, the Dubai Mall is a must as well. Plus the usual Burj Khalifa and souks.

If you have time and a car drive out to the Yas Marina Circuit and go to Ferrari World.

Iv driven by it on my honeymoon does that count? :lol: did look stunning

For food the best place is the JBR by the beach. We stayed in the sheraton on the JBR and still didn't get to try all the restaurants. The quality/service is second to none

Captain is out there drop him a pm

Been to Dubai a fair few times, however have only ever stated with the junerah group hotels.

Ok so been to the burj al Arab :

http://m.jumeirah.com/s/info?execution=e3s934029268

Gorgeous hotel but totally pretentious and over priced. It's nice to say you have been and experienced it but in all honesty I would say that it's worth going for dinner and having a wee nosey afterwards, but not worth staying over. The food in the underwater fish restaurant was superb tho!

The jumeirah beach hotel was fantastic about 6 years ago however is a bit dated and god strike me down for saying this .... A bit common now. When we go on Hidatsa I like the hotel to be a but different and unique, however with this one all you get is an abundance of Germans!

http://m.jumeirah.com/s/info?execution=e4s2046505498

Lastly is the Mina A Salam, my favourite hotel out of everyone I have stayed at but also visited in Dubai. It is based on an old Arabic castle and the decor is out if this world! It has loads of hidden bars and restaurants so its never over crowded, but also there is a creek throughout the hotel which you can either walk using the bridges to get around or take a wee gondola, which can be rather romantic. I can recommend the steak restaurant here! I may have visited a few times when I was there lol.

http://m.jumeirah.com/s/info?execution=e8s1610955838

There are loads of excursions you can do like sand boarding, camel riding, desert stay overs and my favourite ... Dune buggys :)

Overall a great city for cours and families, can't recommend enough!

Hole this helps a wee bit!

Thanks Jay, all booked up now for the Atlantis!

£3,380 for all four of us, Half Board, Imperial Club etc etc. Took about three days playing travel agents off against each other to get that price after the first quotes began with a four!!

Off on the 10th January!! :)