Toyosports Exhaust?????

chriz

Hello to you all as this is my first time at putting a post on here allthough i have been a member for some time now.

Has anyone had any dealing with toyosports exhausts before? I drive a 57 roadster and have recently fitted some 19'' rims and now fancy a little more noise.

I have noticed on e'bay that a cat back stainless exhaust that looks like a japspeed k2 made by toyosports can sell for as little as £200 new on the auction!

If anyone out there in Z land has herd one or fitted one or had any dealings with one of these i would be very intrested to hear about it.

Thanks Chriz.

Ive not heard of that one either im afraid... :shrug:

The Japspeed K2 has had a lot of documented fitting issues. Ive got a Scorpion and so have a lot of other members on here, no one has ever complained about them. They are quite subtle in tone but a nice sound, depends how loud you want to go really. CS should be able to supply and fit one of these for under £500 if you wanted one.

Welcome to the forum btw :thumbs:

Thanks for the reply.

I have seen that there have been fitting troubles with the k2 and i would like to keep the tail pipes looking standerd so that rules out the scorpion and the one from toyosports looks like it might be the same as standerd regarding the the tail pipe.

But i have never herd one' i have had a look on you tube and no luck there and had a google but still no review. maybe there crap and fell of before anyone made it home or there just very rear at the moment. Umm not to shore but they look like a lovely bit of kit!

I've got one of these Toyosports exhausts but haven't had it fitted yet. Was going to report on fitment and sound when I do.

I also searched for info but I only found videos for their RX8 exhaust... Which seems to be quite popular!

The design is actually a copy of the Nismo exhaust (for a 1/5th of the price!) and quality looks OK for the money.

Don't bother, i bought the HKS copy from toyosports, said to fit a JDM. Fitment was very poor. I have complained to Toyosports but as of yet i have had no reply.

Bite the bullet and get one from one of the traders on here and save yourself a bucket load of hassle. I should have :doh: You live and learn.

Cheers Kev

Thanks guys' be intresting to see how you get on with fitting the toyosport exhaust. Hope it goes o.k

maybe the member that had some trouble with the fitment I'm hoping it's a problem with not going on to the standerd y pipe.

Hope you have some luck with your complant!

Maybe when you getting the exhaust fitted you can stick a clip on on you tube!!!!

Cheers again

chriz.

I bought 1 from ebay seller. Quality of finish is good, sound is excellent really about 30% up on stock.

There was a couple of fitment issues, mainly around the diff cooling cowling and a bit with tialpipe alignment. That was easily sorted as the guy that fitted was able to modify it.

In summary-a good enough system, good sound but some fitment issues.

I was happy as I only paid £160 for the rear box and midpipe --You get what you pay for but was worth the money as a basis--definately not plug and play as they say

Cool'' Well thats put a big smile on my face as i brought one yesterday for £149 plus £9 postage.

I know its cheep but if it sound good and the quality is good then im happy even though it not a brand name.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Will do! I have a sevice booked in for the 22nd so cant fit it before then because its still under warrenty a dont want to muc it up!

But i am looking forward getting it on there and making some niose. Well a little more niose anyway!

Well i got my new exhaust today and got buzy staight away! Was a real buger to get the two nuts of from the y pipe but got there in the end.

The new toyosports exhaust went on like a dream' did not hit anything it should'nt and fitted well. One tail pipe is maybe 5 to 8mm higher then the other but not a big deal. you would have to look very clossley to notice!

Sounds really nice but does have a slight drone in 6 gear doing 40/45 ish but maybe they all do that. im no expert as this is my first sports exhaust on a 350z. But it has made a big diffrence to the speed! feels much faster!

Got to say all in all im very impressed for the £149 it has cos me and i would recomend it.

Let you know when it falls off He'he

Will try and put a vidio on you tube so you can have a look and listen.

Well i have put a clip on you tube under the heading ( 350z toyosports exhaust ) sounds nothing like it does in real life i think this is dew to recording it on my iphone and it being in an inclosed space. sounds deeper than it does on the clip.

Go have a watch!

I did manage to get the tail pipes level with the help of kwik fit and some oxy' just needed a bracket bending a little bit.

Will probably be out of the same factory as Japspeed in China... Japspeed dont make, neither do Toyosport... Just put their names to stuff, looks like Japspeed like to put another £150 markup on their offering..

mmm but thats normal behaviour of marking...

Finally got my exhaust fitted... Went on fine and fits really snug without any rattles. Only issue is the tail pipes both point slightly to the left and could do with heating and bending into the right position :dry:

As for sound it's no louder than stock when idling/cruising but puts out a nice deep noise under power without being boomy :thumbs:

toyosports1.jpg

toyosports2.jpg

toyosports3.jpg

toyosports4.jpg

Well done mate looks good. Like i sead the sound clip i put on you tube sounds nothing like it does in the flesh.

For me they sound just right' not load but cheeky. I think we got a bargin for what we payed' cheep as chips!!

It seems like people are having more proplems with the japspeed k2's and they sound the same.

Now go and have some fun in a tunnel :D

• 8 months later...

Alright lads!

I was given a free brand new Toyosport exhaust system in a box with my Zed when I bought it a few weeks ago. I managed to get it fitted on! I know a few boys at Santa Pod who fitted it on for me in one of their garages there.

The fitment was not perfect, one tailpipe was sitting nicely in the bumper hole and one tailpipe was like 10cm lower!

The other pipe was fine though, fit perfectly!

As I was at Santa Pod, the issue got rectified within 30 mins. They made a new modified mount for the pipe to fit the box. After a bit of cutting and welding etc to the mount, the box fir the pipe perfectly. However, the exhaust tips were not 100% in line with the bumper holes. After forcing the exhaust to one side when it was fitted to the car, the exhaust tips now sit perfectly in the bumper holes.

The noise is just right for me, not too loud and not too subtle either. When you switch the car on, you hear the difference stright away. On idle it's about the same but when you give it some you will hear the deepness of it. People who don't know how Zed's sound would love the sound but also think its not an after market exhaust (both by looking and hearing).

When you let go off the gas pedal at around the 3k revs mark, the exhaust pops...sounds amazing!

I will post up some pictures and a video when I get a chance!!

Thanks,

Hassan