Steering judder at high speed.

Chris Wiltshire

Hi!

Not sure which section would be best so feel free to move.

I recently had a tyre fitted on the passenger front side and straight away I noticed that the ride wasn't very smooth, at slow speed on a smooth surface it felt as if I was riding over rasied lines.

If I go over 80mph there's judder and vibration through the steering wheel and at 95mph (private road) the steering wheel vibrates and judder like mad almost like my old vw t4 did!

Would it just be the balancing that's out?

Chris

id say there isn't something quite right with the tyre, as recently I had new tyres fitted all round and had vibrating through the steering wheel though this only happened at motorway speeds. Took it back and found that one of the wheels was 15 grams out of balance, got the wheel rebalanced and all sorted now.

Also personally I'd allways have tyres changed in pairs on the same axel and not just a single one, is there a reason you did this. Is it a part worn ? It may have a flat spot.

Edited by SHEZZA

Thanks guys,

It's a Falken 452 that has 5.5mm of tread.

I had a slow puncture so managed to get this part worn falken that matches my other tyres and also similair tread depth. I would of bought a brand new tyre but I'm buying new alloys soon so thought it was a bit pointless buying a brand new tyre.

Would a flat spot be noticeable as it all looked in good shape?