Auto drop/raise issue

jimmy.farrow7

These window mechanisms are a nightmare 😔

I'm hopefully stripping mine down next week but it's weather dependent.

Will let you know how I get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

If you have disconnected your battery recently you will no doubt have had this happen to you. Its a safety feature to prevent smashing the glass against the frame in the case of battery failure. The window will drop down on opening but it wont go back up on closing. If you repeatedly open and close the door the window will get lower and lower. If this is happening to you then all you need is a window reset as mentioned above.

If the window is not dropping at all when you open the door this likely means its another issue entirely and not linked to the safety feature mentioned. I would first try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, then reconnect and immediately perform the window reset procedure. This may get you back up and running but if not its likely a motor or sensor playing up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When I bought mine the passenger window didn't drop on opening the door. I stripped the door down in about 5 minutes using a tutorial I found online, and then followed Nissan's official reset procedure (also online). It's working flawlessly now, although I must add that it never actually caused any trouble when it wasn't working. I only wanted to fix it because I don't like when things don't work as they intended (which is probably why I always end up spending so much fixing the silliest little things on my car :D)

edit: edited for smiley.

Edited by Puffmac