4.08 final drive, where from and cost?

Abdul

You can import or buy via the traders here but expect to pay between 500-800quid depending on their mark up. I suspect the tuners here will charge 4-6hrs labour as it similar to fitting a diff.

Personally for about the same cost I'll fit an LSD instead which will enhance your handling or do both at the sametime.

I've done the LSD myself and can tell it will transform your car.

Pm if you want more details.

Thanks for the replies guys!!

GT4Zed, I thought the 350 comes with a LSD as standard?

The have a vlsd as standard which wear out over time and are a bit unpredictable if there going to lock get a 1.5way or 2 way in the drive is 1000x different

Thanks for the replies guys!!

GT4Zed, I thought the 350 comes with a LSD as standard?

The have a vlsd as standard which wear out over time and are a bit unpredictable if there going to lock get a 1.5way or 2 way in the drive is 1000x different

No clue what any of that means, time to hit google lol!

Cheers mate

ok...so pardon my ignorance...is the 4.08 much shorter to improve acceleration as std is a bit leggy?

Given that HR is over 300bhp, it doesnt seem very rapid off the mark

What UK in gear road speeds do you get with various final drive options?

If gearbox is getting tired, is it cheaper to recon and fit different intermediate gears - are there alternative stronger gearboxes that offer shorter gearing and will fit without excessive mods?

Is there a suitable flappy paddle manual?

..just shooting the breeze..

It's a GT car and weighs in at around 1.4 ton so will never be super quick of the line (having said that my old 350 was pretty smart away but that had a wee bit more than 300HP)

The mid range is where these cars come into their own :thumbs:

A lower final drive ratio will improve acceleration but you trade off against top speed.

This is not the same as an LSD which is designed to lock the back axle to improve traction.

Hope it helps :)

EDIT: Ref the LSD if your a drifter you are using the diff to lock the back axle to improve control - thought I'd get that in before the drifters crucify me :lol:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1