recent heat messed up the clutch pedal return?

KUGT4

clutch pedal would only return half way (now returned to normal) - anybody else have this problem during the heatwave?

guessing (from internet searching) that it's the clutch fluid 'boiling' due to slave cylinder flexie hose proximity to exhaust and/or the flexie hose deforming under the heat

question:

If this happened and it wasn't considered to be in 'heatwave' conditions, ie: in Australia where this is a regular temperature wouldn't this be considered a manufacturing defect/shortfall or is the build a different spec?

I know the rules allow a car to go from UK to AU and will pass standard roadworthy checks so I thought the builds were the same?

If not then is it that the lower temperature climate allow a longer life of components in this case and Ewan's advice is right. If it's same spec builds then that advice would be right.

Or, the only other exception I can think of, were you participating in a donut competition at the time? :)

I'm sure it would be ok... As I guess it only happens when fluid doesn't get changed for a very long time or something like slave cylinder fails...I guess it just classed as wear.

Doesn't happen to every one, so there are different factors that will cause this

question:

If this happened and it wasn't considered to be in 'heatwave' conditions, ie: in Australia where this is a regular temperature wouldn't this be considered a manufacturing defect/shortfall or is the build a different spec?

I know the rules allow a car to go from UK to AU and will pass standard roadworthy checks so I thought the builds were the same?

If not then is it that the lower temperature climate allow a longer life of components in this case and Ewan's advice is right. If it's same spec builds then that advice would be right.

Or, the only other exception I can think of, were you participating in a donut competition at the time? :)

saw a number of australian posts during my searching

350z 'feature' IMO :)