Clutch issues and knocking

dann2010

Hi guys

My clutch has started slipping in 5th and 6th especially if i blip it, or even in 4th when crusing then give it a blip.

1st 2nd and 3rd seem okay, i can put foot to floor and wont miss a beat, but when i drive like a granny in higher gears it slips unless alot of power put on??

Also on shut down it sounds like a truck turning off and seems like its from engine but under centre console area?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hi Dan,

Well for sure the slipping in your higher gears will be where your Zed has its highest torque produced so that would certainly suggest your clutch has reached the end its life.

The noise on shut down under the console could also be drive train related I suggest you get that checked out or listened to by a local garage before doing too many miles.

We offer the Xtreme Clutch kit for the 350Z and is by far our biggest seller here on the 350Z Forum with excellent reviews by everyone who has had them fitted. See the link bellow...

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/95545-new-xtreme-clutch-organic-inc-smf-350z-de/

We also would highly recommend changing the cylinder at the same time we offer a braided line new cylinder and fluid as package.

PM if you need more info

Cheers

Rich

Brill maye

Clutch is Exedy

Ebay number 161274321347

Do these have dual mass or just singke flywheel...

£254

That is not a stage 2 but an OEM stock 3 piece Exedy clutch kit.

You can use either DMF or SMF with the 2168

Alex. :)

The Exedy one and the Euro car parts one are both OEM spec clutch kits and are fine for normal road use, as its a dual mass flywheel it is always recommended that you change this at the same time otherwise you will have the box back out before long to change it.

Some stick to the OEM dual mass and others fit a lightweight option we can supply either and I can match the price for the Exedy clutch kit.

The XTD one you posted up is Chinese made and dubious quality, its also in the US so import duty and VAT will apply once it arrives.

If you want to use the car hard on the road or track days then the Xtreme kit we posted up which comes complete is hard to beat :)

The Exedy one and the Euro car parts one are both OEM spec clutch kits and are fine for normal road use, as its a dual mass flywheel it is always recommended that you change this at the same time otherwise you will have the box back out before long to change it.

Some stick to the OEM dual mass and others fit a lightweight option we can supply either and I can match the price for the Exedy clutch kit.

The XTD one you posted up is Chinese made and dubious quality, its also in the US so import duty and VAT will apply once it arrives.

If you want to use the car hard on the road or track days then the Xtreme kit we posted up which comes complete is hard to beat :)

Okay mate so to match the Exedy cluych kit and a lightweigh fly how much all in...

And this

Ebay 231098804229

This will work for you if you want to remain stock.

So all you have to decide is if you go DMF or SMF.

However if you want to use the car hard on the road or track days then the Xtreme kit CMS posted up is the one to go for.

All the above are available from CMS so no need to go to ECP.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX
  • Like 1

Thanks guys

My main issue is down to costs really

Which is better DMF OR SMF... i will proberly go for a lightend flywheel with the clutch kit that they can match to the exedy one like was mentioned in there reply..

The single mass flywheel is a good upgrade as its far lighter than the DMF the car comes with meaning the engine will rev more freely, the only downside is some idle chatter which unless you sit in traffic a lot is not really an issue.

I can supply the Exedy kit with a SMF if required drop me a PM or give us a call. Its worth noting that the Xtreme kit has been designed to minimise noise and is quieter than other setups available.

The xtreme clutch kit that clark motorsport sell is absolutely brilliant and was the cheapest option that i could find for my HR - the kit i got included concentric slave cylinder too so all clutch related things shouldn't need looking at again for a long time! Feels exactly like OEM to me but much stronger - slight rattle at low revs from the lightweight flywheel but nothing too dramatic and seems to have quietened down over time...

• Like 2