Bonnet damage/scratches

cactusweasel

Hello,

Just had a bit of an incident with kids outside my flat involving a large stone landing on my bonnet and making its mark :rant:

Before I go and get quotes I just wondered if I could get a few opinions here, I suspect it will be a bonnet respray as the scratches are quite deep, down to the bottom layers of paint I would say.

Large pic here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmom32q034z81uy/2015-06-27%2017.51.17.jpg?dl=0

Cheers

-

Adrian

Firstly get the kids who did it , put them in the boot, drive them 15 miles out to the middle of nowhere and leave them there.

How infuriating, that looks like a respray to me. :(

That colour is a bi#ch to match up though GM.

Yep I'm sure you're correct. ;)

I do think however any colour on a 5-10+ year old car will be hard to match perfectly. If the kids Mum is paying then you're probably right to go down the respray route from a decent body shop rather than "Chips Away".

Probably still going to be trouble getting everything to match perfectly though. :dry::thumbdown:

Full respray... new passenger window motor, head unit, boot struts, supercharger ... :lol:

The colour matching does sound like it could be an issue, its an 04 so 11 years old now, I'm sure the orange isn't quite as it was when it left the factory. Hopefully it doesn't come to a full respray, I reckon I might have a bit more hassle getting them to pay up if it came to that.

Bloody hassle I could do without!

Cheers

• Like 1