Debadging

Daaave

Guys,

I was wondering what the general opinion was on front and rear debadging? :)

I hate the huge Nissan badges and I'm not sure the aftermarket Z badges look that much better. Has anyone seen a debadged car up close? I have read that the front can be difficult to do properly as a large area needs filling with plastic filler & chopped fibreglass strands.

The problem is the heat during the summer causing the bumper and filled bit to expand slightly differently then leaving a mark around the edge of the filled bit. :headhurt: Does anyone have any experience of it working ok?

As for the rear, I've been advised that the badge holes would need to be welded up to fill them so that there would be less hassle with thermal expansion like the front.

Also I'm thinking about taking the Nismo rear wing off to leave the tail just smooth as I'm not a huge fan of big wings, but love the rest of the kit. But I don't know if having no rear lip or spoiler will actually cause instability at high speed (ala early Audi TTs). :scare:

Maybe even I'll push the boat right out and remove the rear wiper to really tidy the back end up.

Would you ever buy a car that had this work done, or would it put you off? (I know what I spend won't be recouped when I come to sell)

Dave

I had my front Nissan badge removed about 3/4 months ago.

IMO it makes the front end look a lot better, The place that did mine filled it with Carbon fibre as opposed to fibre glass & have also given a lifetime guarantee on the work they have done :)

100_1620Medium.jpg

100_1605Medium.jpg

I think this is the best close up picture of it I have but you cant tell it was ever there B)

This zed is debadged at the front, rear AND the side!!!

Love it :wub:

is that debadged or photoshopped ? apart from the debadging that car looks identical to marks (off the oc) old zed

Nope its fully debadged. Its a member off this site ;)

Plus not sure that Marks had the rear parking sensors :)

is that debadged or photoshopped ? apart from the debadging that car looks identical to marks (off the oc) old zed

hat off to ya brother :thumbs: just checked cardomain and mark didnt have rear parking sensors B)

hat off to ya brother :thumbs: just checked cardomain and mark didnt have rear parking sensors B)

I have a ridiculous propensity for remembering the most useless @*!# possible :lol:

Yeah I saw those pics when I did a search and it looks ace. I think I'd leave the side badges though even if they are a bit big. Getting some little Z badges from a 240Z would be good to replace them with. B)

IMO it makes the front end look a lot better, The place that did mine filled it with Carbon fibre as opposed to fibre glass & have also given a lifetime guarantee on the work they have done :)

What sort of price did you pay for the work? I take it they resprayed the whole front bumper and blended in the bonnet and arches?

What sort of price did you pay for the work? I take it they resprayed the whole front bumper and blended in the bonnet and arches?

I think it was around £260. They resprayed the whole bumper but on a 3 year old car there was no need to blend the bonnet & arches - the paint match with the wings & bonnet is perfect, Its far better than what Nissan managed.

I had a quote from a quality place in Bristol (Peel's Motorkraft) for the debadging & stone chip removal from the front bumper, bonnet and wings including blending for.... :scare: £795!

Ok so I'm 100% sure that they will do a brilliant quality job, but that's a bit steep methinks. I think it's the blending that adds quite a bit to the price.

I'll happily pay for quality as I'm very picky and will no doubt examine the finished job with a magnifiying glass, but what price do you think is fair for a top quality job?

I think it was around £260. They resprayed the whole bumper but on a 3 year old car there was no need to blend the bonnet & arches - the paint match with the wings & bonnet is perfect, Its far better than what Nissan managed.

Why do you say that blending isn't required? Would the paint on the surrounding panels not have aged and bleached ever so slightly under the sun, etc and therefore not match the original paint spec? Then I'd guess that the hard edge from one panel to another would show a colour difference more?