aftermarket headlights

98duffa

So for clarification, replacing the OEM HID's with the sellers preinstalled option would solve the incompatibility, however they would not be legal as the auto levelling won't work...? Or does the preinstalled option have the 8 pin connector with the auto levelling? If no one can answer I shall ask the seller and post up responses for others :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for clarification, replacing the OEM HID's with the sellers preinstalled option would solve the incompatibility, however they would not be legal as the auto levelling won't work...? Or does the preinstalled option have the 8 pin connector with the auto levelling? If no one can answer I shall ask the seller and post up responses for others :)

The lights come with a 6 pin connector regardless and are not auto levelling, you will lose that function. With regard to legailty, I don't think it is illegal to not have it when they can be adjusted manually.

I went for the preinstalled HIDs as compatibility was a concern.

Safe bet I'd say is to go for the preinstalled HIDs as we know the lights will arrive in a plug and play state for a JDM car. If your 350 is a UKDM the original 8 pin connector can be swapped over/rewired to replace the 6 pin and they will become plug and play.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

Edited by ZedManTID

After i fitted the Depo ones to my car the headlightwashers still work as normal

thanks for the info, incidentally how much are the original Nissan one's

Genuine Nissan bi xenons are £730 ish each and strangely the earlier DE headlights are £930 ish each.

I've got an 04 UK spec GT; if I do get them I will probably take them to a garage to get them properly fitted and adjusted; if the standard ones are that expensive new how much do they go for second hand?!

c

After i fitted the Depo ones to my car the headlightwashers still work as normal

thanks for the info, incidentally how much are the original Nissan one's

Genuine Nissan bi xenons are £730 ish each and strangely the earlier DE headlights are £930 ish each.

Can't believe the mind boggling price Nissan want for new headlights!

I've got an 04 UK spec GT; if I do get them I will probably take them to a garage to get them properly fitted and adjusted; if the standard ones are that expensive new how much do they go for second hand?!

I paid £330 for my 06+ (genuine) headlights including ballasts.

20150413_110213.jpg

20150510_102115.jpg

Straight plug and play no issues. Sold my old xenons for 295 on ebay. So cost me 35 pounds really.

Just need to keep your eye out as they dont hang around when they are for sale.

Edited by redzed8

My US ones adjusted up well within tolerance of UK specs. :)

But isn't the beam pattern the wrong way round?

I guess so long as the highest part of the beam is within tolerances, it's fine, but I think there'll be a slight loss in throw distance.

• 2 weeks later...

did you get any response from the seller,

the one's I were looking at come with a set of halogen bulbs I think?,so that would bypass the xenon ballasts