SCAM DURING CAR SALE

Zedrush

Hi all just warning as many seem to be selling their cars, I had attempts done to me when I sold my last Z, sorry if this is a repost.

When I was selling my car, I had several companies call up saying they have a buyer interested in my car and will sell my car within seven days if I pay £99.50. Then said if they dont sell my car they will give me full refund. I was getting bombarded with calles like these. Something didnt sound right so sceptically I didnt bother, my friend unfortunatly did and 7 days later car was not sold and no refund given, he tried calling them up as not only did 99.50 come out on day one, but on the sixth day, £840 came out too.

Company claimed to be:

Vehicle Connect Uk Ltd,

he has reported to police but I cant believe he fell for it. :wacko:

Just warning to the rest of you.

Seem to remember a similar car scam being highlighted on watchdag a couple of years ago. There was a company that seemed to all intents and purposes very genuine, promising to match buyers with sellers for a small finders fee. They even had an office set up with several members of staff work for them selling their services. But again, after promises of refunds if they didn't sell your car, getting the money back was a nightmare. I haven't been caught like this myself, or even know anyone that has, but I can see how peeople would get sucked into this.

Hi all just warning as many seem to be selling their cars, I had attempts done to me when I sold my last Z, sorry if this is a repost.

When I was selling my car, I had several companies call up saying they have a buyer interested in my car and will sell my car within seven days if I pay £99.50. Then said if they dont sell my car they will give me full refund. I was getting bombarded with calles like these. Something didnt sound right so sceptically I didnt bother, my friend unfortunatly did and 7 days later car was not sold and no refund given, he tried calling them up as not only did 99.50 come out on day one, but on the sixth day, £840 came out too.

Company claimed to be:

Vehicle Connect Uk Ltd,

It was you wasn't it :bangin:

Company claimed to be:

Vehicle Connect Uk Ltd,

It was you wasn't it :bangin:

give me some credit :boxing:

no

i had loads of them trying it on when I was selling my last car. one scam scum showed interest, and then said he's abroad and would like to pay £5000 more than the asking price so that I could transfer this extra money to a shipping company via Western Money transfer. :lol:

Thought it was a cute attempt really and gave the appropriate abusive email back.

i had loads of them trying it on when I was selling my last car. one scam scum showed interest, and then said he's abroad and would like to pay £5000 more than the asking price so that I could transfer this extra money to a shipping company via Western Money transfer. :lol:

Thought it was a cute attempt really and gave the appropriate abusive email back.

Should have told him to give you a £5k deposit up front :thumbs:

I love playing with these little scum bags when you get emails about it. Probably would be so much fun it it happened in real life though :surrender:

lol, i had some company phone up asking about this and tried to have a meaningful conversation about how it worked and what the catch was, the girl on the other end of the phone got assy, so down went the phone. . . lol

think they even said they had someone interested in the car :lol: i was like , thats great, but my car is on autotrader, AND pistonheads, so im sure theyll contact me in the end. . . .you sure found me

she was nt happy.

I never usually fall for any adverts at the best of times, let alone ppl chasing me to sell me something i dont need.

Reputation is the best advert a decent company needs. . .

Should have told him to give you a £5k deposit up front

That was part of the scam. He offered to send a postal order or bankers draft to my home address for £5000 more than the asking price, and then when it clears I pay the £5000 to the shipping company. About a week later when the bank can't find a watermark on the bankers draft or realise it's fraudulent, they take the money back out of your account, making you £5000 poorer. :scare:

It would be a proper kick in the **** on a cold day if it did happen. Seen loads of people fall for similar things. Scamsters are so good at it sometimes. . . :rant:

Thats unbelievable ! Taking money out of your account. Thats like saying, yep, its ok, then going oh, sorry we changed our minds. . . .our mistake . . . :lol: If we as customers had that kinda of behaviour with banks, our accounts would be closed in an instant.

Should have told him to give you a £5k deposit up front

That was part of the scam. He offered to send a postal order or bankers draft to my home address for £5000 more than the asking price, and then when it clears I pay the £5000 to the shipping company. About a week later when the bank can't find a watermark on the bankers draft or realise it's fraudulent, they take the money back out of your account, making you £5000 poorer. :scare:

It would be a proper kick in the **** on a cold day if it did happen. Seen loads of people fall for similar things. Scamsters are so good at it sometimes. . . :rant:

When I was selling my car, I had several companies call up saying they have a buyer interested in my car and will sell my car within seven days if I pay £99.50. Then said if they dont sell my car they will give me full refund.

Simply say if your so confident go ahead and sell the car and I'll gladly pay you £99.50, but you get paid when I get paid and not before :thumbs: