Going to "Race of Champions"

rickya

Got nice £80 tickets to Race of Champions at Wembley for Dec 16th! :yahoo:

http://www.raceofchampions.com/#/1_the_race_of_champions_comes_to_wembley/

Anyone else going??

I was considering till i saw the price.

I'm thinking of goinin to the Rally GB to see the super special stage at the Millenium stadium. Only cost from £15

http://www.walesrallygb.com/141_183.php

Would love to go to ROC even though I think some of the competitors shouldn’t be in it.

Rally GB is going to be a great one. With Gronholm crashing out of Rally Ireland last week it’s put Loeb just ahead.

Rally Ireland wasn’t great with Gronholm out and coverage was appalling from the national tv station. Was their first WRC but certainly not their first rally. Conditions made it very interesting. Very narrow roads with light rain and mud on the tarmac. Lot of drivers caught out and many started the first day on the wrong tyres.

Me too, although I'm in the scummy £55 ticket area :p

me too :(

Do you know what the deal is with cameras at this kind of event? I read somewhere that you arent allowed professional cameras and Im a bit worried that they'll count my Canon 350D as a pro camera :surrender:

Do you know what the deal is with cameras at this kind of event? I read somewhere that you arent allowed professional cameras and Im a bit worried that they'll count my Canon 350D as a pro camera :surrender:

hmm no i didnt hear that - i will try and find out as I want to take my pentax and zoom..

hmm no i didnt hear that - i will try and find out as I want to take my pentax and zoom..

Found it again, though its the generic Wembley list:

PROHIBITED ITEMS

The following articles must not be brought within the Ground: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items,laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

• Any article that might be used as a weapon be deemed to be offensive or abusive, or compromise public safety, will be confiscated and or reported to the police

• Unlicensed musical instruments:

- trumpets, drums and other devices capable of causing a disturbance or nuisance

• Flag poles greater than 1m in length

• Professional cameras & recording devises

• Animals (except service dogs & guide dogs)

:surrender:

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward too.

PS anybody who needs parking can park for free in my hotel private car park in Harrow which is 2 stops from Wembley (5mins on tube-Met line). My hotel is a 7 min walk to Harrow on the Hill Station. PM me for adress etc.

Anyone need details how to get there let me know, its right in my neck of the woods

Hi all. Hope you all had fun on Sunday. Despite the appalling catering and organisation at Wembley, there was some entertaining racing on track (though I'd much rather have been at the traditional Canary Islands venue!) and it was good to see Touring Car/Rally/GT drivers all giving the F1 elite a good shoeing. Some pics from the event are online at MSportUK.com, including demos and that Schuey vs Kovalainen race. Selection below (clicky)...

vantage_n24_03tn.jpg fous_wrc_02tn.jpg solution_f_01tn.jpg roc_buggy_01tn.jpg vantage_n24_02tn.jpg punto_abarth_01tn.jpg

roc_buggy_05tn.jpg roc_buggy_04tn.jpg solution_f_04tn.jpg demo_555_mcrae_01tn.jpg demo_audi_a4_dtm_01tn.jpg demo_f1_redbull_01tn.jpg

Plenty of others here! :)

Wish I had read the bit about the parking before I fell for NCPs "£5 in advance" parking scam for all their car parks which are £1 all day (Hillingdon) or free (Ickenham) on Sundays!

I thought the catering was OK. Not cheap, but alright, except they ran out of hot chocolate at one kiosk!

My brother is building a video from the stuff I took at the event. When it is done, I will put the link up..... :)

My bro in law (nominated que stander!) had to wait 45min for a crappy hot dogs at £4 each & missed the F1 cars! ps he's an F1 die hard fan :( Also half the food kiosks were closed, you would never see such a situation in e.g USA's sporting events.

I found you had to dig around to find a food stall with the queues not so big. A fairly up and down day for me. We got there to find out tickets had been upgraded to the (i believe) £75 club wembley tickets :yahoo: We spend half the morning trying to find the right entrance for club wembley as only one was open despite being let in at a normal turn style we then had to go out, walk around half the stadium to come back in! We were smack bang over the entrance tunnel and had an excellent view! Padded seats were a nice bonus, was expecting rock hard plastic seats. Food as I said was good, but the queues for some stalls was ridiculous!

Got very pi$$ed when I saw some of the cameras people had after being told that anything with an interchangable lense would be confiscated, could have easily taken my 350D with zoom lense :rant:

Also got stung with the £5 parking at Hillingdon, but better safe than sorry. Rather spend a fiver and be able to park than get there and have no parking!

Cant wait for the vid. Been looking for a torrent for a while but cant find nowt .

Overall a very good day though :teeth:

My bro in law (nominated que stander!) had to wait 45min for a crappy hot dogs at £4 each & missed the F1 cars! ps he's an F1 die hard fan :( Also half the food kiosks were closed, you would never see such a situation in e.g USA's sporting events.

Roll on the Olympics eh :lol: