Cobra HFC Vs. ARK Helmholtz?

Dynamic Turtle

Running a full Cobra CBE so the matching HFC seems like the natural choice, but the ARK Helmholtz appears to have an interesting take on sonic tuning there. Anyne care to comment? Heard there can be fitment issues with the latter?

Also what's the cheapest price on teh Cobra HFCs? £500?

I think I was the first person to have Cobra HFCs fitted to a 370 in the UK. They make for an epic sound with the Stillen exhaust, and very little rasp. Normal cruising is civilised but once you pass about 3500 rpm it howls very nicely.

Since they were fitted about 18 months ago I have had a CEL come on two times which I diagnosed and cleared myself. On both occasions I revved the car a bit too enthusiastically when the engine was sill quite cold. (You're probably already aware that occasionally tripping the CEL can occur with Berks HFCs as well).

Can't comment on the ARK option.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

I think I was the first person to have Cobra HFCs fitted to a 370 in the UK. They make for an epic sound with the Stillen exhaust, and very little rasp. Normal cruising is civilised but once you pass about 3500 rpm it howls very nicely.

Since they were fitted about 18 months ago I have had a CEL come on two times which I diagnosed and cleared myself. On both occasions I revved the car a bit too enthusiastically when the engine was sill quite cold. (You're probably already aware that occasionally tripping the CEL can occur with Berks HFCs as well).

Can't comment on the ARK option.

Have you heard a car with Berks on and can you tell me how you think the rasp compares? I've got Berks and I'm trying to find a non-raspy solution.

Firstly, I know you have a 370. I'm running an Ark on a 350 as are a few others on here. I took my Berks HFC's off which I previuosly ran with my Miltek as , for me it was too raspy with the Ark, I'm now running stock cats and happy and I much prefer that set up.

• Like 1

I've had hfc , decats and also the art pipes .....

In order of least rasp

Oem cats

Art pipes

Hfc

Decats

How much rasp you will get will also largely depend on what exhaust you are running . True dual exhaust seem to rasp less than conventional exhaust .

Hope that's some help :)

• Like 1

OK thanks for that chaps. I have run Berk HFC will miltek exhaust on my 350 and actually loved the rasp, particularly how is sounded at 3500 rpm under WOT.

Think I might give the Cobra HFCs a try and if I can't get on with them, swapem back for the stock cats if it gets too droney/deafening in the cabin.

Ta.

In order of least rasp

Oem cats

Art pipes

Hfc

Decats

How much rasp you will get will also largely depend on what exhaust you are running . True dual exhaust seem to rasp less than conventional exhaust .

thanks for all of the above, I'm running an Akrapovic titanium exhaust, I'll look into the ART pipes.

In order of least rasp

Oem cats

Art pipes

Hfc

Decats

thanks for all of the above, I'm running an Akrapovic titanium exhaust, I'll look into the ART pipes.

I have some as new ( 200 miles ) invidia decats if you fancy trying them ? £130 :)

In order of least rasp

Oem cats

Art pipes

Hfc

Decats

I have some as new ( 200 miles ) invidia decats if you fancy trying them ? £130 :)

I'm tempted, but I'm also concerned about passing my MOT as well. Also by the time I've fitted them and seen if it works for me its a bit late to change your mind! How come you're getting rid of em?