Club trackday

jimboy2

Any reason why 350z-uk doesn't do a club trackday? Have they ever been done before?

I see a lot of other car clubs hiring out a track for the day for a private day. I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of intrest in it from members. Also the other Zed clubs may be interested too if there was a struggle in numbers.

Just a thought

its a good idea, but it costs a lot to hire a decent track for the day, and therefore you need a lot of committed members, and there just aren't enough to make it viable.

However, what has worked well in the past is if we arrange to all go to the same trackday, somewhere central, and then have a mini meet there.

For example, there is a trackday at Bedford Autodrome, Saturday 22nd August, which would be perfect for a 350z club outing.

alternatively we're hoping to go to Cadwell Park 4th July and Donington on 18th July - Donington would be a good track to get a few people going to, since that's fairly central as well (and its a stonkingly good circuit)

Do you know what tracks have been privately hired in the past by other clubs? you might be able to get a full day at Castle Combe for a reasonable amount, maybe. but I'd imagine you'd still want to split the cost between at least 20 people to make it a reasonable price each.

its a good idea, but it costs a lot to hire a decent track for the day, and therefore you need a lot of committed members, and there just aren't enough to make it viable.

However, what has worked well in the past is if we arrange to all go to the same trackday, somewhere central, and then have a mini meet there.

For example, there is a trackday at Bedford Autodrome, Saturday 22nd August, which would be perfect for a 350z club outing.

Exactly.... I know the Supra Club books out SantaPod every year and the club usually loses money on that.

GTROC takes x amount of spots at certain track days and gets a small discount.

I've just sent an email to Motorsport-events to see what kinda prices they can do for a private airfield trackday - will report back when I hear from them.

Also just emailed the owners of Blyton Park as that does owners club events also.

I suspect private hire of an actual racetrack will be prohibitively expensive.

Edited by brillomaster
  • Like 2

This sums up the situation pretty well.

Well I've managed to get better prices than that!

A full private trackday at Blyton Park is £3,600 all in up to end of august - from sept 1st onwards that drops to £3,100. They recommend a maximum of 40 participants, but even if we only got 20 that would be £180 each, which is about average for a trackday.

granted Blyton Park isn't as good as somewhere like Knockhill, but its a lot better than an airfield!

however they have no weekend availability in 2015 left, so would have to be Friday or a Monday.

• Like 2

Well I've managed to get better prices than that!

A full private trackday at Blyton Park is £3,600 all in up to end of august - from sept 1st onwards that drops to £3,100. They recommend a maximum of 40 participants, but even if we only got 20 that would be £180 each, which is about average for a trackday.

granted Blyton Park isn't as good as somewhere like Knockhill, but its a lot better than an airfield!

however they have no weekend availability in 2015 left, so would have to be Friday or a Monday.

Is this run as open pit or as sessions?

Llandow circuit also do full day hire for £3000 on a Saturday, which is pretty decent - only two problems though, firstly its not a particularly brilliant track being less than a mile long, and secondly its 20 miles west of Cardiff! maybe one to consider including in the next wales meet!