Replacing Ball Joint Boots

evest

Hi all,

Have removed my front suspension ready for installation of new dampers, springs and PU bushes all round. I've noticed that my ball joint boots are worn and leaking grease. The ball joints themselves seem fine, no problems driving, no knocking, etc... and never been mentioned at service or MOT. Car has done 130K.

However, I want to replace the rubber boots and flush out the old grease. They seem easy enough to source but my questions are:

• What's the best product to use to attach the boots to the arms/hub assembly - will standard super glue do it?
  • What is the correct grease to use?
  • Any issues with jet-washing out the old grease out? (want to ensure joint clean of dirt/grit prior to new grease)
  • Any recommended suppliers for the new boots?

Many thanks!

:thumbs:

I wouldn't use superglue personally. Normally when purchasing ball joint boots, they come with 2 metal clips (1 large, 1 small) then when the cover is in place you use the clips to secure it? Most boots you can buy in packs of 5-6 for about £12.00 roughly. But they're just bog standard road use replacement.

Cheers Alex,

I'll take your advice on that and just keep an eye on the ball joints then - I know it will be an arm replacement when do they do start to wear down... (gulp...)

:)