Gtr vs 370z TT Drag

cs2000

Yes I know its not big or clever racing on a public road (and I feel sorry for the green 350 that gets left for dead...) . but an interesting video non the less.

Both cars have some hefty engine mods I guess but funny to see the guys reaction when he waves bye bye to the '70

370z --- 670whp Fast Intentions TT Stage 2, 14psi, CJM Fuel System E85

GTR --- 700whp Upgraded Turbos, E85, Jacks Transmission, Tune

I thought the same to be honest. The 370 has 30 whp less but probably weighs less. It does however lack the amazing chassis and gadgets of the GTR. Still worth seeing the guys face though!

Could of course be a poor tune/setup on the GTR.

You cannot put up a you tube drag race without running the risk of me putting something like this up...

Yes the Aventador wins, but how many people here can ever dream of actually buying and running an Aventador, I guess it'll swallow £150 worth of fuel without much effort, I admit I have no idea how much they cost to buy, but I suspect they are in the 'if you have to ask you cannot afford it' category....

A 2-3 year old P85D will likely cost £55-60K, so M3/M4 money, still not cheap but with-in reach for some, and cost £10 to refuel max.

Edited by gangzoom

I know which i would prefer to be driving in either link and its not the ones "winning" ;)

If the 370 is 30hp down on the Gtr and weighing a good 200+ kgs less i am not surprised it out dragged a gtr on a rolling start.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

I am very surprised by that result, guess the R35 driver fell asleep at the wheel as that should not happen.

Have to agree.... I have had 700hp Supras struggle against my GTR (however from much lower speeds) and I got shown my ass yesterday by a 800hp GTR, I got the jump on reaction and he just came flying past!!! Having said that, the GTR is geared for lower speeds and corner exit acceleration.

Anyone know the full spec on the 370z? Its rather impressive.