Holograms

Durk

I've had holograms in the paintwork ever since I got the car but now the weather is much better (got the car in September) I can see them a lot more and it's bugging me!

I bought a DAS 6 Pro to use on my last car, along with some M105 and M205 but ended up selling it and buying the zed. I just didn't love the old car enough to spend a day or more detailing it.

After looking around the internet, i'm inclined to try use the DA with some Lake Country CCS black foam pads with the m205 in a test area and see what happens... does anybody have some advice on removing holograms... should I be doing it differently?

Just been out to the car at lunch and took this in the work car park, not the BEST to show you the problem but you get the idea from the area behind the handle... except its all round the car in those vertical lines from top to bottom

A39joLal.jpg

If they're the products that you have, then that would be the way to go. Depending on how difficult the marring is to remove, you might need to step up on the pad but of its just holograms it shouldn't take much cut to remove.

If you're buying compounds and pads again, my preferences are the Hydro-Tech pads and Scholl compounds personally.

If they're the products that you have, then that would be the way to go. Depending on how difficult the marring is to remove, you might need to step up on the pad but of its just holograms it shouldn't take much cut to remove.

If you're buying compounds and pads again, my preferences are the Hydro-Tech pads and Scholl compounds personally.

I've got the compound already but the pads I don't, if somebody was to give me a good reason why M105 or M205 would be a terrible decision on the zed then i'd go for something else...

I'll take a look at the Hydro-Tech pads! Thanks :thumbs:

Edited by Durk

What you have will work and work well, provided you have the right technique. Somebody with the wrong technique put those there in the first place. Start with the least aggressive and slowest setting and check your work. Pretty soon, you'll find the settings which work and then you can crack on.

• Like 1