New wheels fitted.

zebedy

No one is being spiteful or intentionally horrible mate, if you put a thread up people will voice their opinions. It's nothing personal, you just got to take the rough with the smooth and like many have said it's your choice what you do with the car.

• Like 2

Credit to you for trying something different of your own choice and life would be boring if we all agreed. I think 20's ruin the car, 19's and a drop would have been a much better route to go down. Well done though for doing what you want to do.

• Like 2

A bit 'in your face' on a stock zed but with a body kit and the rear lowering it'll probably be ok.

Regarding the lowering, do your research and think about your suspension set up carefully.

A lowered zed on 20"wheels with tiny profiled 'cheap' tyres will ride shockingly over lumps and bumps and will become very skittish. So plan accordingly.

• Like 1

Any comments welcomed good or bad.

Obviously not ;) Dont ask the question (which you have) if you dont want to hear the answer. ;)

Why the hell would i want to turn up in a meet with 30 other zeds all wearing volks or rotas???

I agree about the Rota comments, but there is a caveat to that, Rotas look good :) and there really is only a handful of people on here running Volks, mostly all different styles so your never going to bump into many Volk equipped Zeds :)

As you say, you wanted to be a bit different and not follow the mainstream, which is great imho, but because of that you will polarise opinions with a bold choice of wheel. Accept the comments you welcomed and enjoy getting the look you want :)

• Like 2

Rant over. It's ok. Just don't like people saying my life is at risk without knowing that the car only does 4miles a day hardly over 40 miles an hour. I don't drive it at week ends. Yes they are cheap rubber but good enough for now and just to get the car through the mot after spending 1600 on the wheels. I could not have justified nor able to afford tyres that were 150 to 200 a corner this month. I'm married have a mortgage, kids and bills to meet each month. This was the sensible option without going into dept whilst still trying to mod my car along the way. I would never rely on finance and don't even own a credit card. I believe in buying things in cash as and when I can afford it and do appreciate that they are not to everyone's cuppa which is what I want. To have a car that no one else has or is similar. Rotas's are great on these cars but can't help thinking that they style the car which would not look out of place on a drift circuit. Not for me though. Happy days.

Edited by ZZZebady

Fair enough mate, you don't have an unlimited budget. I get it. But you seem to be getting pretty touchy about people's opinions regarding your wheels/tyres after specifically asking for people's opinions on them? It was a brave choice of wheel, you must've realised that it wouldn't be to everyone's taste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk