Protecting suspension components from rust.

Mack

The W brace on my car is horrendous so I ordered an after market replacement from Ultra Racing.

Looks well made but the paint has already chipped off in transit. Is there a good paint to use to protect it?

I also have replacements for the member stays all the way from New Jersey. They have very, very minor surface rust and almost look new. Again I would like to protect these against the salted roads.

Thanks

Mack

Personally for the underneath of the car I'd just use Hammerite metal paint.

Link: http://www.decoratingwarehouse.co.uk/buy/paints--coatings/metal-paints/hammerite-hammered-finish/417

You can get it in tins or spray cans, smooth or hammered finish so you can get a decent finish with it & it's supposed to give protection for at least 5 years. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've used wax oil but a bit sticky. Best thing I've used tho is Hammerite. In fact done all of the car this week after seeing my w brace up on the ramps. Lol

DSC_0835_zpsobx2jbkp.jpg

Sexy???

DSC_0835_zpsobx2jbkp.jpg

And the dreaded brace.

DSC_0832_zpsrkgtlzvg.jpg

I'll be buying one on payday.

Edited by ZZZebady

Mack you can paint Hammerite directly over the rust but it's always best to get as much off as possible ~ use a wire brush or wire drill attachment ~ if you can get it back to bear metal before you paint then that will give you the best results. ;)