Brakes????

danlondon350z

What do you mostly use the car for?

Iirc yellow stuff are track focussed, you'll need to get some decent heat into them to make them have much bite - and you won't get that on the road.

Better off looking at some redstuff or greenstuff. I've got the reds & have been really, really impressed with them but no idea on the discs as been running the pads on oem discs.

Others popular choices seem to be Ferodo DS2500 and Mintex Extreme.

Are you looking to change the front and rears? I went with just the fronts first, but alot depends on how much you want to spend and what you are using your car for. I use mine for work and for some track use so I initially was going for DBA discs and Ferrodo DS3500 pads but finally decided on Performance Friction discs and new Performance Friction pads all round after recommendation from Big Phil. IMO they give superb braking with no fade and keep asking for more! I can't comment on the others out there but PF's are soo much better than OEM.

I'm sure other members will give you their opinions as well.

Here's a picture of the font discs fitted:

IMG_0007.jpg

25062007027.jpg

I have EBC discs and DS2500 pads as recommended by our man BigPhil. Definately a step up from standard and if sourced from him, probably cheaper than the OEM versions! I was told that the DS2500 are well worth the money over the EBC red stuff pads I was going to get :thumbs:

What do you mostly use the car for?

Iirc yellow stuff are track focussed, you'll need to get some decent heat into them to make them have much bite - and you won't get that on the road.

Better off looking at some redstuff or greenstuff. I've got the reds & have been really, really impressed with them but no idea on the discs as been running the pads on oem discs.

Others popular choices seem to be Ferodo DS2500 and Mintex Extreme.

Andy, agree with you on the Redstuff, but disagree on Yellow and Green.

Yes, Yellows are more track focussed, but they are also designed to be used on road, and the EBC website specifically says they work very well from cold. Quite a few 350Z owners using them happily in the UK.

Greens should not be used on a car of our weight/speed/power - ie EBC say don't use on cars above 200bhp .

The other EBC pads you want to ignore are Bluestuff - they really are track focussed, and definitely need heat.

All the info here http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html

Gus

I have used dBA discs and Ferodo DS2500 all round, along with steel brake lines and Motul RBF 600 fluid. That cost about £1100 all in, maybe a couple of hundred more than OEM costs.

IMO it is worth it - the stopping power is fantastic, and so much more fade free than OEM!