350 BHP, whats required?

marky89

hi sam, yeah iv already asked to meet up with the guys up here in the north east. they are having going for a drive out later on in may so im trying to get along and join them, hopfully i can jump in someones car for the day. will be such a good experience.

I know when i come to buy my 350z im really going to hold off and have a good look around alot of cars until i really fall in love with one. might even wait until a supercharged one comes up for sale.

cheers

350Z handles far better than a S chassis but then its a 20 year newer design. It doesnt feel as quick as you dont get the turbo push, but a stock Z33 will keep up with a 350/400hp S14 on track without too much difficulty.

Its a lot heavier and feels it so not really a race car, but as a daily its far better than the S14 or even an S15 IMO. Ive stuck a couple of threads up on www.sxoc.com comparing the two, a few other Zed owners have chimed in and we are all pretty agreed :)

However, bear in mind a decent S14 is what, £4K these days? An S/C Zed is going to be over twice that, likely 3 times and maybe 4 times as much, do the same maths on the S/C car and you are comparing it to secondhand 991 and F type Jags and brand new Caymans, thats hardly fair :lol:

• Like 1

350Z handles far better than a S chassis but then its a 20 year newer design. It doesnt feel as quick as you dont get the turbo push, but a stock Z33 will keep up with a 350/400hp S14 on track without too much difficulty.

Its a lot heavier and feels it so not really a race car, but as a daily its far better than the S14 or even an S15 IMO. Ive stuck a couple of threads up on www.sxoc.com comparing the two, a few other Zed owners have chimed in and we are all pretty agreed :)

However, bear in mind a decent S14 is what, £4K these days? An S/C Zed is going to be over twice that, likely 3 times and maybe 4 times as much, do the same maths on the S/C car and you are comparing it to secondhand 991 and F type Jags and brand new Caymans, thats hardly fair :lol:

hi mate.

well iv had my fun with the s chassi, loved the car and may even go back to it one day.

The s14's value have really gone up over the past few years, since i got rid of mine. which is one of the other reasons im looking for a Z. plus newer cars, look better, bigger engines, and fingers crossed, no rust problems haha.

is there much you can do to make the 350z more light weight without doing anything to drastic.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious guys, but why does nobody, or few people with Zeds not go for nos ?. Thousands of £s cheaper and mucho horses on tap at the flick of a switch. And lets face it, you cant always use all the horses all the time on British roads anyway, so coughing up thousands on SC route doent make financial sense to me. 8k for SC route followed up with suspension and brake upgrades, when a nos 150shot kit supplied and fitted along with airbox, plenum spacer and remap wIll cost me around the 2K, and cough up 400 -450 horses, thus leaving plenty in the pot for brakes and suspension upgrades.

I really fancy going the nos route but it bothers me that very few Zedders choose this route to more bhp.

Edited by Irn Bru