anyone here registered his Z as a mini-cab in London?

ir_fuel

I knew you would Jay!

From what i remember, you have to apply and take the test too, but not sure.

Everyone should do it though, i also saw a 911 with a minicab triangle sticker last Thursday, i laughed as i knew exactly what he was doing.

fortunately no need in Manchester but maybe in 5 years :rant:

try two years :dry: thats what ive heard through the grape vine

It;s not the full go ahead yet. The council sent out a leaflet saying how good it would be. Inside there was testimonials from various people in the area and how it would effect them, of course all saying it was a good thing. The Manchester Evening News investigated and found it was all made up and the people featured were models. The council refused tp comment. Gone a bit quite since but for sure I don't think it will stop it from happening.

I did read in a magazine the other week that one council had monitored the traffic and congestion problems. Only yo find out that the biggest problem is mums dropping the kids off at school as at half term traffic dropped by 84%. Bring back school buses I say.

fortunately no need in Manchester but maybe in 5 years :rant:

try two years :dry: thats what ive heard through the grape vine

It;s not the full go ahead yet. The council sent out a leaflet saying how good it would be. Inside there was testimonials from various people in the area and how it would effect them, of course all saying it was a good thing. The Manchester Evening News investigated and found it was all made up and the people featured were models. The council refused tp comment. Gone a bit quite since but for sure I don't think it will stop it from happening.

I did read in a magazine the other week that one council had monitored the traffic and congestion problems. Only yo find out that the biggest problem is mums dropping the kids off at school as at half term traffic dropped by 84%. Bring back school buses I say.

Well if it comes to a vote Ill vote you get it, if I have to suffer so should you :boxing::lol:;)

Forgot to mention the even worse news..... its a pilot for THE WHOLE COUNTRY.

Its an effort to reduce the number of in town accidents - particularly including children. Can't argue with the objective.... not sure the solution is the right one though... its really confusing as your speed limit can change every time you change street as some are 30 and some are 20. Given that the latest proposal is that anyone doing more than 50% over a a speed limit gets 6 points this means I would get 6 points for missing a "0mph sign and doing 30 in a 20..... :surrender:

Forgot to mention the even worse news..... its a pilot for THE WHOLE COUNTRY.

Its an effort to reduce the number of in town accidents - particularly including children. Can't argue with the objective.... not sure the solution is the right one though... its really confusing as your speed limit can change every time you change street as some are 30 and some are 20. Given that the latest proposal is that anyone doing more than 50% over a a speed limit gets 6 points this means I would get 6 points for missing a "0mph sign and doing 30 in a 20..... :surrender:

Its getting stupid, no point in having fast cars, I understand saftey on children, but sometimes if kids looked where they were going and crossed at the correct crossing, im sure half of the incidences throughout the year could be avoided :dry: And imigration increase means there is more kids crossing the roads and not looking. I think they should inforce lessons at school on teaching kids road signs and safety crossing. And if a kid is caught running out of the road the parents of the child should be fined, or the kid is punished. Cant just clamp down on cars when 50% or more of the time its the kids fault not just the driver :dry: