Dreaded steering lock issue?

naz2k5

Hey guys,

Had this light come up on my car, quick search shows it could be the steering lock fault. (see pic below)

Rang Nissan they said there is no recall on my car due - (2010 370z 40th anniv.)

Question is where do I go from here? If it is a steering lock fault and there's no recall does that mean I have to pay out?

judging from other responses I should be dropping car to Nissan ASAP?

Other bit is official Nissan garage here in Leicester is pretty awful and Nissan authorized Sturgess is asking double just to diagnose

Any advice would help thanks!

Naz

post-18410-0-48101700-1430388461_thumb.jpg

I have had the unit changed on mine under recall but pulled the fuse anyway just in case it goes again.

(For pulled - read replaced with a blown one)

I call it an upgrade to the 2012 model spec (where they removed the steering lock)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to give eveyrone an update it was the sterring lock issue and my car wasnt covered under recall.

I did get the steering lock changed at nissan and after a lot of emails htey paid half towatds the privce making the total £700

However after talking wiht customer services it is known that they do know there is an issue wiht the new locks and thats why they made they made the contribution.

My coomplaint is that they know there sitll is an issue and they should have taken the full cost, so few more letters will be sent out to get this fixed, however if there is anyone else on the ofrum who experienced this issue please dorp me a message as it will help the case.