Nissan develops color changing paint!!

Beavis

Yeah, bet it would still be 10 microns thick though ;)

Not quite colour changing, but the hotel I stayed in recently in Singapore had electro-chromatic (?) coated glass that goes from clear to tinted to frosted at the touch of a switch. Now how about that on a car? Limo tint to clear at the touch of a switch. Just don't hit the frosted button on the windscreen :blush:

seen this years back, but no one has put it into production yet.. Looks kinda cool, though...

Me too, but interesting to see a bit more info. It seems sort of like the old idea of those tshirts that changed colour with body heat, similar concept, but using electromagnetics?

Nice so policeman says

"look out for a blue nissan 350z" - HOWEVER, its not blue anymore :teeth:

Hmm, the only thing though the technology they have will probably match by then. :wacko:

TBH I'd rather they spent their R&D budget on something like preventing clicking axles or wheels that don't corrode...... etc, etc :wacko:

:lol: Don't start me on that topic. :lol:

Wow .... this sounds really worthwhile :dry:

Agree with the other comments, Nissan would be better spending there time and money on a better paint system.

Watched a program on the manufacture of the 599 the other day there and ok it's an expensive car, but the paint spec was unbelievable. Ceramic based clear coat finish, making it very difficult to chip... unlike the Nissan where heavy braking can result in the colour falling off ;)