Recommend me a campsite around lake Windermere

Wasso

Going to have a short break with the Mrs and our trusty tent ;)

We've chosen the Lake District during one of the busiest times of the year (May Bank Holiday) although we will be heading up on the Thursday and heading back on the Sunday to avoid the major traffic issues.

There's a few campsites in and around Lake Windermere, but wanted to see if anyone here has stayed at any which are advertised.

Reviews, issues, recommendations are always welcome.

Mid April to book and want all that !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you may be free camping on one of the beaches. B)

Can't remember the name of it - but one of the best Motor Museums in that area (I took a ferry across the lake from Windermere to it and then a 15-20 minute walk approx)- has all Bluebird Water speed Records too.

Really worth a visit - if the Mrs does not mind !! It does have masses of it set in the 40's/50's age ish.

You could try Keswick just a few miles north but not on Windermere.

Castlerigg Hall campsite has views from the hillside over Derwent Water and Cats Bells.

Best campsite view in the lakes.

Very good facilities campers kitchen, laundry etc, a pub Nextdoor and a Bar onsite.

The nightlife and resteraunts in Keswick a walk down the hill through the woods, are far better than Windermere or Bowness.

I stay there a few times a year, and highly recomend it.

:thumbs:

PM me if you want more details of alternatives.

Edited by flyboy

Mid April to book and want all that !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you may be free camping on one of the beaches. B)

Can't remember the name of it - but one of the best Motor Museums in that area (I took a ferry across the lake from Windermere to it and then a 15-20 minute walk approx)- has all Bluebird Water speed Records too.

Really worth a visit - if the Mrs does not mind !! It does have masses of it set in the 40's/50's age ish.

Lakeland motor museum at greenodd.

• Like 1