P1 service in the South

Ebized

OK - my 2006 ZED is soon needing its first service - ringing round it looks like Nissan dealers want between £250 - £325 :rant: .

Don't like the prices, nor the £300 road tax to pay at same time + breakdown renewal, but what is more important is that a quality job is done when it is in the garage (what little there is to do :dry: ) and the car comes out without any probs.

Yes, I do value a Nissan dealer stamp in the service book as the biggest hit with any car is depreaciation and from past experiences I have got a better/easier trade-in deal when the time comes with a full dealer stamp history. But I am tempted to use the non-Nissan garage that supplied the car (who will only use genuine Nissan parts so that the warranty is protected) and who I know and trust.

Any suggestions/thoughts from owners in and around the Surrey area please?

OK - my 2006 ZED is soon needing its first service - ringing round it looks like Nissan dealers want between £250 - £325 :rant: .

Don't like the prices, nor the £300 road tax to pay at same time + breakdown renewal, but what is more important is that a quality job is done when it is in the garage (what little there is to do :dry: ) and the car comes out without any probs.

Yes, I do value a Nissan dealer stamp in the service book as the biggest hit with any car is depreaciation and from past experiences I have got a better/easier trade-in deal when the time comes with a full dealer stamp history. But I am tempted to use the non-Nissan garage that supplied the car (who will only use genuine Nissan parts so that the warranty is protected) and who I know and trust.

Any suggestions/thoughts from owners in and around the Surrey area please?

Thats extortionate for a P1. Thats P3 money!! What do they charge for a P3 out of interest???? :scare:

Thanks for the responses so far guys :thumbs:

Thats extortionate for a P1. Thats P3 money!! What do they charge for a P3 out of interest???? :scare:

I didn't dare ask :scare: - Might have to come to you for a mortgage to cover it :wacko:

Mab - you are a brave man "I had a P! service at Bishops Guildford for £160". I recall reading on here someone who here was driving home from a service there and the sump plug fell out with all the oil - put me off ever using them and useless when I wanted to get a 4-wheel alignment check with my previous ZED.

Thanks H5 for the Reading suggestion will give them a call.

Any thoughts on the merits of using a non-Nissan outfit - anyone found they took a bit hit on trade-in/sale value by not having a full Nissan serrvice history?

Thanks for the responses so far guys :thumbs:

I didn't dare ask :scare: - Might have to come to you for a mortgage to cover it :wacko:

Mab - you are a brave man "I had a P! service at Bishops Guildford for £160". I recall reading on here someone who here was driving home from a service there and the sump plug fell out with all the oil - put me off ever using them and useless when I wanted to get a 4-wheel alignment check with my previous ZED.

Thanks H5 for the Reading suggestion will give them a call.

Any thoughts on the merits of using a non-Nissan outfit - anyone found they took a bit hit on trade-in/sale value by not having a full Nissan serrvice history?

I don't think there are many comparisons for that.

Ask yourself the question, two cars side by side, identical except one has a full NSH, which would you go for.....? :)

Reading have always been very helpful when I have spoken to them, and had work done. Even managed to sort my replacement wheels on warranty. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Took the advice offered above and had the P1 service done - at the local Nissan garage in Epsom and worked out to £158 :dry: excluding the Motul 300v 5w-30 oil I supplied (from the oilman- cheers Guy and thanks for the discount :thumbs: ). At least the car came out unmarked and still working.

Price turned out better than I was first told after enquiring about a discount and that to get a better price I would have had to spend the money in petrol getting to somewhere remote and wasting time waiting, and when you work for yourself.... Also, there is the added benefit with a ZED under warranty that should I need anything sorted I am probably better off using the local Nissan outfit.

The good news is that I have had no faults in the first 12 months and after 6700 miles only 0.5 litre of oil was necessary as a top up. :)

The bad news is that £300 road tax is now due (£400 next time) :angry: but then I balance that against the :teeth: 's the car gives me each time we share company - a small price to pay for my pleasure and at my time in life you take what you can when you can - they get less frequent ;):p

People here keep mentioning abt supplying their own oil for the service..

Im also considering a P1 service just before xmas.. shud i be supplying my own oil too? (how do we know if they actually use it or just keep it for themselves :dry: )

By providing your own oli you can use a better oil than the one Nissan uses. I think there has to be an element of trust of them using it. Also ask for the container back after the service as you should get some left in the bottom if you are supplying 5ltr and the oil change requires 4.7ltr. Handy for top ups ;)

It's totally your choice.