Uprev and pre uprev mods

SlickRick

hey guys,

I'm trying to get a good idea of what I need cause I heated a lot of conflicting opinions. To get the most out of uprev I understand it's best to get a plenum spacer, velocity stack and a better filter, hfc's (or decat) and better exhaust system.

But I've heard people have gotten less of these bits and had better results or fitted all and had meagre results etc.

Has anybody got uprev and done some/all of these mods can you tell me what results you've had please?

The truth is it varies from car to car and a lot of other factors can make a difference to. Like: weather, ambient temperatures, fuel, tyres, engine condition, type of rolling road etc etc.

You've got the basic idea though as to increase performance you will be looking at needing plenum spacer, air filter and exhaust system/Cats.

If you have a good read of the dyno results thread (link below) then it will help give you some idea of how it all varies. When I had my first UpRev done with all the above mods my car yielded 295Bhp odd whereas a seemingly identical age Zed with the same mods just a few weeks later got over 300Bhp.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23450-dyno-results-info-thread/

As long as it makes an improvement to your car and you're happy with how it drives afterwards then the numbers really are just numbers. :thumbs:

The biggest difference you'll see on here in regards to numbers is where it's been mapped. TDI Norths Dyno reads quite a bit higher than say, Abbey Motorsports. So cars with the same mods may appear to be as much as 20 bhp apart, but in reality they are much closer than that.

Find dyno figures are literally just bragging rights. There are that many different types of dynos that will all give different readings and then there are environmental influences like temperature that influence the final value.

• 4 weeks later...

I read in a U.S. Forum that somebody had improved gains from an oil cooler has anybody over here done this?

I might give it a go aswel with a radiator it seems like to get the most out of up rev it's all about breathing/cooling..