My 2003 JDM Zed

tommoger

Hi all, had my Zed for a year or so now and been on the forum for just as long, so I thought it was high time I got my act together and conributed!

Picked her up completely stock (apart from the painted wheels) with 43k on the clock. Today was first time I've seen the sun this year (I work in Scotland) so out came the cleaning kit!

Before:

3_zpskh9lbp7t.jpg

2_zpsmkvcmhsw.jpg

4_zpsfvphmqsk.jpg

Quick rinse to start:

5_zpsioarcg0p.jpg

6_zpsdktzrhjm.jpg

And a couple of hours of elbow grease later:

7_zpswgzvuanp.jpg

8_zpsxgucqcu9.jpg

9_zpsh1njdwjb.jpg

10_zps0ohbvxxt.jpg

Since I got her I've changed the odd thing here and there.

-The inevitable slipping clutch happened about 15k miles after I got her so that went and I replaced it with a Competition Clutch stage 2 with their lightweight flywheel (big thanks to Clark Motorsport for sorting me out :thumbs: ) It's totally transformed the way the car drives

-Stubby antenna from Tarmac Sportz

-Zunsport front grille (with no towing eye, that was helpful when the clutch died half way along the A66 *facepalm* )

-Intake is stock just have a K&N panel filter in there

-Removed the front number plate mount and went for a mini one as I don't like front plates at all but the Police don't tend to see it from an asthetic point of view. Just slap a full size on once a year for the MOT ;)

-Ditched the Bridgestones for a set of Eagle F1s, thoroughly recommend them, they feel fantastic at all speeds in wet and dry. I've always liked white letter tyres being a big fan of US muscle cars, so gave mine a go. I know they are a bit of a 'marmite mod' for a lot of people (and they fade after a few months as you can see above) but when fresh I think they look great:

WL%201_zpsj31e3ath.jpg

WL%202_zpse6kzn4gy.jpg

-And of course a good old couple of 350ZUK stickers in the rear windows :teeth:

That's her as she stands for now. Up coming mods include:

-Invidia Gemini exhaust (on it's way thanks to Tarmac Sportz)

-A plenum spacer from Wasso

-Berk HFCs at some point

-Uprev to follow all these of course

-Maybe some 19" Rota Grid wheels

-Nismo front splitter (also from Tarmac Sportz, waiting to have fitted but I'm getting my bumper resprayed as being a 12 year old car she's circumbed to Nissan's crap laquer and many stone chips [Pic below] Orange reflectors will be changing to plain silver too)

-Some form of spoiler (I'm yet to decide)

One or two bits of housekeeping to do as well:

-Front bumper respray:

Laquer_zpsgpkwsdcp.jpg

-Fix a slight paint bubble on the rear right wing:

Bubble_zpsisnyr89e.jpg

The ding to the right of the bubbling is thanks to a dozy cow at the petrol station who didn't replaced the nozzle properly. Half way through a fill up I could only watch in horror as in slow motion it slipped off the pump and clouted the wing :dry: cheers...

Engine bay shot (EVO-R engine cover from Redline):

Engine%20Bay_zpsumdcoqcx.jpg

That's all for now! sorry for the long post, here's a potato

greek-potato.standard-460x345.gif

Edited by tommoger
  • Like 1

Some good plans and I love the look of the Zed without the rear spoiler. B);)

Yea I kind of do as well to be honest, makes it look nice and sleek but I'm just wondering if it'll look unbalanced with a front splitter and no rear wing :shrug:

• 4 months later...

About time for an update I think.

Not much to report asthetically

Plenum spacer, Berks and Invidia are all on, thanks to Wasso, Adrian and Chris for supplying those, plus the start of the engine bay bling, a polished bonnet catch from Mopedmark, great bit of kit :thumbs:

Catch2_zps9zmjbdle.jpg

Catch_zpscxpe0cbx.jpg

Next will be a good service and most likely some shiny new discs :)

• Like 1

I hope that's a Maris Piper potato.

The king of chipping potatoes IMO.

Peel a large one per person. Cut into 1.5cm thick chips. Par-boil the chips until juuuust getting soft on the very surface. Too soft and they'll just break up.

Remove and let them dry and cool in the fridge.

Get a good old fashioned chip pan and bung in about 4 blocks of lard. Put then pan on and when you think it's hot enough throw a chip in and if it sizzles straight away then put the rest in until golden brown.

Best chips ever.

Nice Z.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...