Radio frequency expander

docwra

After a week of ownership, I was starting to get a little fed up of Terry bleeding Wogan in the morning so decided to do something about it - the HU in my car is very nice so rather than change it I went for a Frquency Expander :thumbs:

Contacted www.japaneseautospares.co.uk and ordered a Universal Radio Band Expander for £14.00 + P+P which took a day to arrive and about 15 minutes to fit, although annoyingly my centre console went back in a bit out of true so that something to have a look at next weekend :yawn:

Anyway, worked first time so if you need one they come recommended by me :thumbs:

Its a Kenwood but doesnt seem to have a model code - Ill check teh destructions this evening, but its got MD, CD, MP3, DSP, RC, and probably VD, TSB, RAF and 2CV as well ........... ;):D

Its pretty good actually although the speakers are a bit weak - we'll soon see to that :D

I apparently have a Kenwood DPX-9200WMP. Great :D

Cant find ANYTHING about it online, but it does play music and stuff, which is cool :)

Its an imported HU, read here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ ... topic=7882

;)

Wow. Thats rather ...... errrr ....... competent isnt it?? :scare:

Ive been telling people the best thing about it is that theres plenty of buttons to play with when you are stuck in a traffic jam :wacko::D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got mine fitted with a band expander - only £30 fitted - couldnt be arsed myself - works great with original aerial but reception is shite with my lovely looking but not very functionable aluminium stubby.

Cant believe my bose dont even have RDS - how crap is that :headhurt:

• 7 months later...

Did you fit the band expander at the aerial - or at the HU ?

I fitted one at the aerial = result > Terry is still there on his own

:(

ordered another to see if its the unit...maybe i should fit at the HU -didn't want to rip open the dash though

I was under the impression that the tuning point steps were different. I.e UK ones go up 90.05fm 90.01fm, .15, .2, .25 - .95 then 91.00fm I though JDM went up like 70.45fm 70.90fm etc therefore signal will work but wont be spot on perfect. So even if you shift/expanding it 20/18/16 its still gonna be 0.05 out

::note: I might be completely making this up! ::

• 7 months later...