In Moffat yesterday.....

The G Man

....but before we left, I'd smothered my Nismo in love and snow foam and Dodo Juice shampoo and Poorboys wheel wax and tyre dressing and much drying and wiping and more love, think you might have the picture!

Anyhoos, went to Moffat in the Scottish Borders with my good lady as it was a beautiful day here, got parked right outside a famous sweet shop on the High St and the car was outstandingly stunning sitting there in the sun.

We strolled off for a game of putting and a wander round the many touristy shops. We had decided to go back to the sweet shop and get some childhood sweetie memories as a momento of the day.

Well!!!, they also have an 'Adult' section, ooh err Mrs, which has some unusual Malts and Gins on sale, so we bought a bottle of both and then topped up to £100 with sweeties :) (got a free bag of Moffat toffees for getting to £100, bargain :thumbs: )

So, as we came back outside, two young lads were arguing about what make the Nismo was, and discussing the price! I asked if they liked it and intimated that I thought it was just ok ( they didn't know it was mine at this point). "Awe mister", said one, "that's a minter, bet it cost about 70 grand".

I asked them if they'd seen inside it, and if they had tried the door to have a peek inside? They were aghast at the suggestion, so I said, I'd try it. The look on their faces when I opened the door was priceless :lol: as the realisation came over them that it was my car :lol:

So many, many questions ensued and they assured me that they were now saving up to get one, just like it :lol:

That was a wee laugh, so me n the Mrs went off to get a fish supper and returned to some benches round the town cenotaph, which afforded me a lovely view of my car and to watch the reactions of people as they passed by it. The town was busy, but I counted 37 different people that took a photograph, and without any exaggeration, everyone on that side of the street, stopped and looked at it, young and old alike :cool:

Jings, there were people in cars stopping to have a look!!

An amazing reaction to an amazing car. Best 45 minute entertainment I've had people watching for a long while.

(Another amazing reaction was the number of bikers that gave the thumbs up on various parts of the route there and back :cool: )

• Like 8

Nice little read that! Good to see people appreciating the cars :thumbs: I was down there couple weeks back, love driving from the Forth, through all the wee towns down to Moffat. Great drive. Me n' the gf will head down again on a nice sunny morning