Jaguar XE...What do people think??

gangzoom

I might have gone mad recently by swapping a 380bhp twin-turbo car for a 108bhp electric Leaf, but I like to think I still have an interest in cars….

We took delivery of our Lexus IS300H recently, and I love it, but before we bought it I did half think about waiting to see what the Jag XE would be like, however the press images of the Jag just didn’t excite us so we ordered the Lexus.

Yesterday whilst out shopping I saw a Jaguar XE in the flesh been displayed....Under-whelmed and dull is the best way I can describe it. It's not even made into full production and to me the design already looks dated, even in the 'R sport' trim that was on display. From the rear ¾ view it looks even less interesting than my old E90 BMW.

I really have no idea how Jaguar can make something as beautiful as the XJ and new XF, but produce something so dull looking for potentially their biggest seller…

The display XE was so un-interesting to look at I couldn’t even be bothered to pull out the iPhone for a quick snap. My wife didn’t even notice it as she was rushing to some shoe shop…I’m glad we didn't put-off ordering the IS300H to wait and see what the XE looked like. I hope these things sell well for Jag, but the Audi A5 that was parked up 100 meter future down just looked so much better….and I never thought I would say an Audi looked more interesting than a Jag…

What does other people think of the XE? Or have I just totally lost it??

Edited by gangzoom

In terms of styling I think they've gone backwards. It looks full as any other rep mobile. Price to pay to trying to appeal to the masses I guess! I also feel the same with the new xf although I have yet to see one in the flesh.

Edited by Bems

Yea I thought they would've been a bit more adventurous with the design. Usually companies are more reserved for the larger grandad cars and a bit more funky with the smaller cars depending on their target audiences. But jag seen to have the xj and xe the wrong way around

Also my criticism of the xe was it was too similar to the xf. But then the new xf was designed almost identical to the xe lol

I think although it has shades of Jag or the front grill, it is way too German looking, take the leaper off the back and it could be a 6 year old Audi... even the interior has been made very boring, they are after the repmobile market obviously which is fair enough but owning/driving a Jag should be much more about style & purpose than the XE imo

Not so keen on the new XF either, again looking more Germanic that a Jag should...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by spursmaddave

Exactly what I thought Dave, the rear end looks identical to an older Audi a6

I caused a bit of 'fuss' on the Jag forum :lol:

Just find it uninspiring, I am sure it will get along the road nicely and handle very well but it just looks so bland!

Made me laugh as all the Jag owners on the forum go on and on about boring Audi/Beemer & Mercs then starting saying what a brilliant car the XE is... for me it loses everything that is great about the XF, the presence and the interior :p

• 4 weeks later...
Reviews seem to be a unanimous success, class leading. Seems jaguar have got it right again

Yep they will sell a fair few, I still think it is underwhelming in terms of looks though :dry:

Now if they make a 2 door version...

• 5 weeks later...