Transferring registration

ZeppoJeff

Okay people needs some help here. Just got my zed yesterday and I'm needing to transfer my number plate across. I've traded in my juke what the plate is on to a trader and he has given me all the paper work home so I can get it done and send it away.

How exactly am I doing this? Got the correct form but not sure how I'm filling it in as the new owner is a trader and not an actual registered keeper if you get me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a @*!# trader for not helping you!

Basically fill in the form to transfer your plate from juke to new zed! When all paperwork comes back to you, you can then fill in yellow section of new juke v5 to sell to a trader and YOU send that off. Then give juke v5 to trader which has old number on. Put new plates on zed. Done! Simples....

( I think iv covered it) :thumbs:

Remember to read form tho so you include paperwork needed. Both reg docs. Zed one completed in your new keeper details. And u sign the bottom left of your juke one. And of course the cheque for £80.

Edited by gumpy000

If you go online, you can download the form from DVLA's site. (Just Google registration transfer form or V317). OK, I appreciate you've already got the form, but there's a second page which is simply instructions on what to do when, if, how etc.

It sounds from your initial query, as if the trader hasn't given you this part of the form.

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

wouldn't want to loose my plate as it was a 21st birthday gift, when ever ive changed my car the trader has always sorted this out, otherwise Id be clueless. Last time he even made me some plates up ready. Hope everything works out ok.

Edited by SHEZZA

• 2 weeks later...

So today i received back both documents for the old car and new car after sending them away 2 weeks ago. I can gladly let you know they did transfer my reg across to the zed and now all i have to do is send the trader the documents for the juke. Heres hoping he isnt an ass though and sends me back my stubby plates as he promised.