Nissan Quashqai

jim

If you want as spacious as the CRV , buy an Xtrail, if you want a sporty SUV with good interior quality feel, nice ride and handling and a bit of off-roadiness... then the "squashcow" is for you... nice motor...

ALSO ask "Letank" about the car and the fuel economy of this machine... B)

Thanks guys - that's very helpful.

I think she will be trying to get a test drive soon. :thumbs:

Dont want to dampen your enthusiasm but you may not be able to get much of a deal as several sources have said they just cant produce them fast enough to satisfy demand...

Correct demand is way to high for the capability of the sunderland plant...

to the point they are having to invest to expand production, and move the japan production to japan... or so the press releases seemed to indicate... :blush:

but just proves it is a very good car... :thumbs:

A new CRV? My mum has one and it's excellent. It's based on the accord now so bigger but no more expensive! Great car.

The squashcow (I'm calling it that from now on!) looks alright, certainly not the ugliest car on the road. Are they 2WD though? I don't see the poiunt in having a 2WD that looks like a 4WD????

A new CRV? My mum has one and it's excellent. It's based on the accord now so bigger but no more expensive! Great car.

The squashcow (I'm calling it that from now on!) looks alright, certainly not the ugliest car on the road. Are they 2WD though? I don't see the poiunt in having a 2WD that looks like a 4WD????

Fuel efficiency and it's all you actually need maybe?? :p

Are they 2WD though? I don't see the poiunt in having a 2WD that looks like a 4WD????

There is a 2WD version of the X-Trail too.

Very strange that somebody somewhere thought this was a good idea.

Having said that we have to rememeber that very few 4x4s are ever taken anywhere near the scenery and most are sold on looks/style/comfort etc and not for their go anywhere-ness :headhurt:

The squashcow comes in 2WD (majority of sales is planned on 2WD ) and 4WD version (basically the same system as Xtrail but with less ground clearance....)

2WD is available on 1.5Diesel, 1.6 petrol and 2.0 diesel and petrol

4WD is available on 2litre petrol and 2 litre diesel...

The 4WD is the expensive option...and expected to have a low take by customers...

1.5 diesel is pretty good in 2WD, good looks, good economy, good dynamics...

Yes - we like the new CRV too, but the budget will be a bit tight, so we will probably look for a used car, albeit nearly new, and the squash cow is a good bit cheaper that the CRV.