Window Problems

STEVER

Hi I have recently brought my car and have found a problem with the drivers window, open the door and the window drops as it should shut the door the window does not go back up, open the door again and the window goes further down again also the auto up does not work, I have tried all the known resets with the door card of and holding down the switches has anybody got any idea?

I was going to say just reboot but it's not that sort of windows problem :lol:

Have you done the reset where you press the button on the motor?

Had this problem on the 370 after the battery was disconnected but the window reset did work.

• 3 weeks later...

If you remove the window motor and strip it down you will find that the inside will be covered in gunk and crap. Give it a good clean with a toothbrush (the wife's will do) and solvent and then remove the brushes. Chances are that these will be worn down to the nub end . Maplins do a brushes that are virtually a direct replacement (a little mat/l needs to be removed). Replace, refit and all should be well. My motor has lasted 2 years so far. This is the only fix that has worked long term for me. I can't recall the Maplin part No; but will try to dig it out if you require. This fix cost about £8 as opposed to the £130 plus you'll pay for a new motor. I initially just cleaned out the motor but within a couple of months it started to fail again. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...